• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish that we kept Ajayi now

Source: Free agent Jay Ajayi cleared after ACL tear
    Jul
    7/24/2019 2:58:31 PM
    |More
    Free-agent running back Jay Ajayi was fully cleared Wednesday by Dr. James Andrews in Pensacola, Florida, a source told Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Teams have been notified that Ajayi is ready to go, and he is expected to find a new team soon.

Ajayi, who served as the lead running back for the Philadelphia Eagles at the start of last season, suffered a torn ACL against the Minnesota Vikings in Week 5 and was placed on injured reserve.

The 26-year-old Ajayi rushed for 184 yards and three touchdowns on 45 carries for the Eagles in 2018.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

He was a good blend of power and speed. I just don't know if his salary demands would match the risk of whether or not he is back to his old self. When healthy he is a beast. Just because he is cleared doesn't mean he is back to old strength, power, flexibility, etc. I wish him the best though. He was an integral part of that team.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
      He was a good blend of power and speed. I just don't know if his salary demands would match the risk of whether or not he is back to his old self. When healthy he is a beast. Just because he is cleared doesn't mean he is back to old strength, power, flexibility, etc. I wish him the best though. He was an integral part of that team.
      Yep, wish him the best but see no need for the birds to have any interest at all. Young and strong but, as you say, no telling how far back his game is.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

60, would you rather have him than Howard or rather than Sanders. I kind of like the Howard move and have a feeling he will make us money. Ajayi is a risk although if he had not had any injury I would have had no objection to signing him. Sanders is certainly a different style back and have hopes that he gives the birds a little bit of a breakaway threat.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
          60, would you rather have him than Howard or rather than Sanders. I kind of like the Howard move and have a feeling he will make us money. Ajayi is a risk although if he had not had any injury I would have had no objection to signing him. Sanders is certainly a different style back and have hopes that he gives the birds a little bit of a breakaway threat.

Ajayi has more speed than Howard. I was assuming that we would get the old Ajayi back which you guys pointed out most likely isn't going to happen with his knees. Both Sanders and Howard really don't have much breakaway speed and have a history of fumbling. It's a shame Ajayi got hurt but our rb situation does appear to be strong if all goes right.
          Last edited by Eagle60; 07-25-2019, 05:53 PM.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
            X