Bored... came up with some numbers to chew on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bored... came up with some numbers to chew on

I think most of us want Foles in there. Anyway, I just kicked around some numbers comparing Foles first 9 games in the league (7 starts, 2 in which he came in for Vick. Last year vs Dal and last week vs Giants.) to other 2nd year guys, but who are expected to be franchise qbs. Luck, Wilson and RG3. Lookin at the numbers of these guys, Foles is right there in every category minus the rushing.

Luck 217-374 2709 58% 12TDs 9INTs 32 rushes 160 yds 3 TDs

Wilson 145-234 1639 62% 13TDs 8INTS 45 rushes 155 yds

RG3 162-262 1993 62% 9TDs 3INTS 70 rushes 476 yds 6 TDS

Foles 199-321 2192 62% 11TDs 5INTS 14 rushes 44 yds 2 TDs

Again, this is each of these guys stats for their first 9 games, since that is all we have to judge Foles. And these are guys who get a lot of hype and are high picks in last years draft. No real meaning to this, just something I would throw out there for fun to look at.
    Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Thanks Theo. I am becoming convinced that Foles could be the long term answer at QB for this team. If he was a better runner I don't think there would be much doubt at this point that he would be a solid option to take over. As I've said before, many of the top QBs in the league are not running QBs and Brady in particular is very similar in the system he plays in and his lack of mobility. I want to see more of Foles and I really want to see how he handles teams once they have enough film on him to game plan specifically for his weaknesses.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Jukin I think if Foles was a better runner he would have been named starting QB in training camp. Chip has a thing about running QB's so thus VIck is the guy for now, until next year when he picks a mobile QB. Foles keeps playing like this we should get a good return when we trade him
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

There is a difference between a good athletic runner, and a wise runner. Foles runs only when needed, and it works. Vick just runs.. then throws a pick, fumbles, or takes a shot to some body part unnecessarily.

Comment

I don't think Chip wants a running QB per say. I think he got wowed by Vick's athleticism just like everybody else is on the planet. Problem is, as Jim Mora said, "Mike Vick is a coach killer". Chip, you're a coach-pay attention!!!
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Dare I say it but....

At this point, would you take Foles over RG3?

RG3 was downright awful yesterday against the Cowboys. He made a ton of bad decisions. I haven't seen RG3 play a decent game all year. Some flashes of brilliance but if I was a redskins fan (I'd kill myself) but I'd also be worried about his knee. It's not just rush anymore, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
              Dare I say it but....

RG3 was downright awful yesterday against the Cowboys. He made a ton of bad decisions. I haven't seen RG3 play a decent game all year. Some flashes of brilliance but if I was a redskins fan (I'd kill myself) but I'd also be worried about his knee. It's not just rush anymore, is it?
              Whoa Big Fella. Let's see how Foles does this week before we get too carried away here.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                Dare I say it but....

People take it for granted that a player will recover mentally and physically from a knee injury like RGIII had last year, and that is not always the case. It just shows how completely idiotic it was for Shannahan to play him in that game.

He may never be the same as he was before that. Everyone figured, he was just rusty, a couple of games and he'll be fine..

Carson Palmer was never the same after he got hurt either. Those dumbasses in DC may have wrecked this kid's career.

Comment

We covet our neighbors wife; the grass is always greener, and we love our backup QB's

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    Whoa Big Fella. Let's see how Foles does this week before we get too carried away here.
                    hahaha it's more of an indictment of RG3 than it is an anointing of Foles as the savior.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                      People take it for granted that a player will recover mentally and physically from a knee injury like RGIII had last year, and that is not always the case. It just shows how completely idiotic it was for Shannahan to play him in that game.

He may never be the same as he was before that. Everyone figured, he was just rusty, a couple of games and he'll be fine..

Carson Palmer was never the same after he got hurt either. Those dumbasses in DC may have wrecked this kid's career.

Yep. And Carson Palmer isn't as reliant on his running ability.

Kimo von Olhoffen wrecked Palmer's career. Of course, they didn't pass a rule until Tom Brady got a boo boo.

Comment

I posted in another thread that all Foles has to do is make a team pay if they ignore him. Get the first down if it is there, get the TD if it is there. Make them watch you at least. Other than that I want a smart QB. Smart enough to escape the rush, smart enough to throw it away if it isn't there, smart enough to find the weakness in the D before the snap, smart enough to ........etc, etc
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Ike View Post
                          There is a difference between a good athletic runner, and a wise runner. Foles runs only when needed, and it works. Vick just runs.. then throws a pick, fumbles, or takes a shot to some body part unnecessarily.
                          Don't mean to be the Vick defender here but.....MV has been doing pretty darned well in those categories.

He has been runny smart, and effectively, and he has don a much better job of taking care of the ball, and avoiding a lot of contact.
                          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                            I posted in another thread that all Foles has to do is make a team pay if they ignore him. Get the first down if it is there, get the TD if it is there. Make them watch you at least. Other than that I want a smart QB. Smart enough to escape the rush, smart enough to throw it away if it isn't there, smart enough to find the weakness in the D before the snap, smart enough to ........etc, etc
                            What is also nice about Nick is that he is BIG enough to hang in and absorb some contact and still get the ball off. Nick is not so easy to squash as Mike Vick.
                            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                              What is also nice about Nick is that he is BIG enough to hang in and absorb some contact and still get the ball off. Nick is not so easy to squash as Mike Vick.
                              To me, Vick is the perfect backup QB. A change of pace guy to bring in when your offense isn't moving or your online is getting overrun.

Comment

Working...
                              X