First Mock Draft of the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
    As for the mock; I'm big on WR, CB, a S and an LB. I'm not there to say who yet. BPA has to be front and center but with the number of places this team can get younger or upgrade BPA at a position of need should be easy. As for a TE-- eh, round 6 you take what you can but I would rather use that pick for a trade before a TE. I also don't have a problem with an OLineman or DLineman but he has to clearly be the best player available when you are picking. I'd really like to see 2 WR, 2 CB a S and an LB who are active on game day come out of this draft.
    I went heavy at WR, LB and S. Reason for safety vs. linebacker is simple, we only have Epps, Ford and Jenkins under the contract. Jenkins wants a new deal at 33, Epps and Ford meh. We actually have slightly more talent at CB at the present time. This will all change when FA comes around. I fully expect a resolution to Jenkins situation (either a new contract or traded). At least one safety and one corner FA signed. Then go hard at the safety position in the draft and undrafted category
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

You absolutely have to get a number one receiver either via the draft, trade, or free agency. If you do that, the rest of the WRs slot in behind them just like a pitching staff.

1 - New Stud
      2. AJ/DJax
      3. JJ/Ward

TEs - Ertz and Goedert

But without a clear 1 even with both AJ and Djax healthy you aren't really that much better than you were last year. Man Agholor really did miss. I remember Gil Brandt maybe saying he thought Agholor was a generational WR talent and predicted the Eagles were going to take him. What a stiff that guy became. I mean yeah, he was a key piece in a Super Bowl win but you actually expect a top 20 WR pick to be more like OBJ or Michael Thomas and less like Laquan Treadwell... just another guy.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

AndreWater, they have to keep swinging on the number 1 wide out thing. There is no cookbook answer. Looking at college tape on Agholor & JJaw you would say yeah they can be a number one. I want them to take several WR that give them more shots at getting a number 1. Taking one in round 1 is no guarantee they get a number 1. Take multiple, train them up and get one to emerge

Comment

I think that one of our 1st or 2nd round picks will be a WR. Hopefully one with some speed. I also think we sign Robbie Anderson in FA.

Maybe Joe Douglas will take JJ off our hands for a 3rd or 4th or something like that. Maybe they have a young DB that he didn't draft that can help us. Jamal Adams?
          JJ a 3, and next year's 1 or 2 for Jamal Adams?
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I don't want to trade any of our draft picks this year. I want to use all 10 to get an infusion of young talented players on this team. Everyone talks about the practice squad additions those were young hungry players. Most of them not the most talented but had the want and desire. Now if you had want and desire to talent that is how we continue this thing forward. I really think we need to keep guy like JJAW vs. trading them for a late round pick. Develop the man with a new WR coach and get use out of him. He has talent, his technique is off, he needs to get better a route running. Those can be taught. He just needs a good teacher. Something that Walch was not.

Comment

They will absolutely use at least on of their first and second day picks on a WR. And, if a guy like CeeDee Lamb slides I could see them using a pick to move up in round 1 and get him. I could also see them sliding back in round 1 honestly if guys like Tee Higgins, Justin Jefferson, Henry Ruggs, and the Shenault kid sliding into the later part of round 1. Because what is going to start to happen is Big guys and QBs tend to slide up boards sliding WRs and CBs backwards. Plus, everybody sees the depth of the WR board and I think is going to start thinking we can get our WR later in round 2.

I would have no issue with the Eagles moving up and taking Lamb who I am seeing compared to Hopkins and I'd have no problem with them moving back as long as they don't move to far back and still get one of those top 8-10 WRs. They are not going to get into the Jeudy range no matter what. They might be able to get Lamb.

They absolutely must get a WR that is a physical mismatch either because of his size or his speed... hopefully both. You don't have to run a 4.4 if you are 6-3, 225 pounds like Mike Evans. You don't have to be that big if you can run like Tyreek Hill or Odell Beckham.

I will also add that there are going to be some guys that are going to slide. The Brian Edwards kid from South Carolina I really like. He has some Jordan Matthews in him and could give you 4-6 years of solid WR play and be a nice backup for when AJ retires.

Lastly, I will say my wildcard to slide bigtime is the Jalen Reagor kid from TCU. He is ridiculously fast but didn't do much in college but run a go route. He will probably run a 4.3 something at the combine but I could also see him being available in round 3. I'd love to get that kid as a PR and speed guy to play behind Desean in 2020 and then be that guy moving forward.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

This is a deep WR draft. The Eagles will at 21 probably have 2-3 of Higgins, Jeffeson, Ruggs, Hamler or Shenault to choose from. I think that Jeudy is going to top 10. Lamb probably is gone top 15

Also with you on Jalen Reagor, plus I like KJ Hill, Devonta Smith.

The thing we really have to look at is can they get a good WR prospect in round 2 and go CB/S in round one.

I think its going to be a real hard choice if they are with say have Fulton or Delput there along with the receivers. I believe they have a better chance of getting a good receiver in round two than a CB or safety. I really want to use all 10 picks but the more I think about it if they have a chance to trade back into the back half of the first round they should look to do that.

Comment

I read JJAW didn't run good patterns. He's supposedly working on that . He has all the assets needed, maybe a different coach turns him around. I'm certainly not interested in trading a second rounder away for a late pick, let's see what we get out of him in year 2. I would love to se the kid from Clemson slide to our 1st round slot, I've watched Hamler at PSU, he's not a first round talent IMO and most of the rankings show him as the 80th ranked player or later. I would like some size and speed and a guy that wins the 50/50 battles.
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

AJ Green looks to be healthy, maybe a chance to win would lower his price tag, but Howie has a way of doing these deals, pay the man and draft a WR and see how things go
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                    X