Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Everything Else > Entertainment

Old 10-03-2006, 02:33 PM   #21
crazy like the monkey
Starter

crazy like the monkey has disabled reputation

My interest in Studio 60 was waning a little after the first couple episodes, but I gave it a chance again last night after the Birds game and I really liked the third episode. They stopped talking about how funny they are and actually started being funnier. I think I'll stick with that one. Haven't seen anything else yet in the new season that really grabs me, though.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.
crazy like the monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:19 AM   #22
SwingOnThis
Pro Bowler

SwingOnThis has disabled reputation

I caught the pilot for Friday Night Lights last night and thought it was outstanding. The only flaw was the improbable fairy-tale-like comeback by the Panthers in the game. But i like the character development so far, the football action looks pretty realistic, and there are a few hot chicks to boot.

I have my doubts about whether this show will get enough ratings to keep it afloat, i don't see where the audience would come from. But i'll keep my fingers crossed that it stays on the air.
SwingOnThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:33 AM   #23
stevemc 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

stevemc has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy like the monkey
My interest in Studio 60 was waning a little after the first couple episodes, but I gave it a chance again last night after the Birds game and I really liked the third episode. They stopped talking about how funny they are and actually started being funnier. I think I'll stick with that one. Haven't seen anything else yet in the new season that really grabs me, though.
CLTM - agreed. I liked the pilot, the 2nd episode made me take it or leave it but this last episode was strong IMO. I'll be back for it next week. Also - I can take Amanda Peet - my wife thinks she a fish out of water on the show.
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:28 AM   #24
stevemc 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

"LOST" premiere tonight - we'll see where they take this thing.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:53 AM   #25
SwingOnThis
Pro Bowler

They said tonight's episode of Lost will BLOW YOUR MIND.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:59 AM   #26
stevemc 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwingOnThis
When don't they say that?!

Since the hatch was blown up to end last season - I'm sure that's just the "pun" type of teaser.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:42 PM   #27
SwingOnThis
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemc
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwingOnThis
When don't they say that?!

Since the hatch was blown up to end last season - I'm sure that's just the "pun" type of teaser.
It will make you feel like Wendy the Retard. You'll feel like blowin' your mind up! :P
Old 10-04-2006, 01:51 PM   #28
crazy like the monkey
Starter

crazy like the monkey has disabled reputation

I have a love/hate relationship with Lost. Every week I get irritated by dropped plot lines and random bullshit from the writers, and yet I keep tuning in.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.
crazy like the monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:25 PM   #29
stevemc 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Well - here's what the TV Guide dude said (taken from a post on philliesphans.com)

From Michael Ausiello at TV Guide after watching the season premiere. No real spoilers here.

Quote:
I just finished watching the most anticipated 43 minutes of the TV season (aka Wednesday's Lost premiere) and I'm virtually speechless. From the fraktastic opening sequence to the chilling final moments, the four-star episode (penned by Damon Lindelof and J.J. Abrams) had me teetering on the edge of my swivel chair the entire time. It easily ranks as one of the best Lost eps possibly the best since the pilot. An amazing feat since it only features four series regulars!
Old 10-05-2006, 08:36 AM   #30
FRESH 
The lesser half...
Hall of Famer

FRESH is on a distinguished road

LOST was pretty cool. That show can be rather dark and demented at times. The total mind screw they are pulling on these people is what has me intrigued. But at the end of the episode, you are left still wondering....WTF????

As for Friday Night Lights, I enjoyed it. The acting was rather questionable. This kid Riggins just doesn't fit the role that I think they have set up for him. Pretty boy who can't act playing some kind of tough guy. Might as well of gotten Rob Lowe for that one, LOL! And the comeback in teh game was predictable, an undramatic. But the show has potential, I like the way it is filmed....we'll just see where this goes. I'll definitely watch again.