Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Everything Else > Entertainment

Old 06-07-2006, 09:37 AM   #11
leifdawg
2011 Contributor
Hall of Famer

leifdawg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to leifdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwingOnThis
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemc
Can't say either of those looks all that intriguing to me.
Yeah, but that's the beauty of HBO. I never thought i'd give a shit about a show about a Western or a show about some dude w/ three wives, but now they're among my favorites on TV. HBO just has a way of pumping out quality programming.
It's amazing what kind of product you can put out when you don't have to pander to advertisers.

I have all the episodes of Entourage and have watched them all multiple times.

Entourage only real weakness that I can tell is that it's only a half hour long; but they're trying to compensate for that because I heard there are going to be 20+ episodes this season!!!
Old 06-07-2006, 09:41 AM   #12
stevemc 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

stevemc has disabled reputation

[quote="leifdawgEntourage only real weakness that I can tell is that it's only a half hour long; but they're trying to compensate for that because I heard there are going to be 20+ episodes this season!!![/quote]

Yeah - I heard 12 will air now and the other 8 will follow with the return of the Sopranos in January.
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:34 PM   #13
sfphillyfan 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

sfphillyfan will become famous soon enough

That's exactly why HBO makes the best shows on TV. I was reading a book about The Wire and the creator was saying how it's impossible for the show to be on network TV not because of the swearing and nudity but because they dont' wrap it up and give everyone something to feel good about every week. Without that, no one wants to buy cars or soap or butter....

Just finished watching Season 2 of Entourage. Awesome. I guess I'll be ordering HBO this weekend.
The views and opinions expressed above are those of sfphillyfan and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of EFO or the administration. And to further confuse you, here's a pic of Kate Beckinsale:
:
sfphillyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:32 AM   #14
nyc_eagle
Veteran

nyc_eagle has disabled reputation

The Entourage commercials have been getting me pumped. What's the song playing when they're on the rollercoaster? And who is the new bald guy sitting next to Ari? I think I heard it is another friend from home. I hope he isn't the cliched guy from their past who has been through a lot with them but is something of a ne'er-do-well who just takes advantage of Vince. Not that they aren't a bit like that. But Turtle, Drama and Eric are all completely loyal.

I love Deadwood. Amazing show. It's like Tombstone meets the Sopranos with a little Shakespeare thrown in.
nyc_eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:42 AM   #15
SwingOnThis
Pro Bowler

SwingOnThis has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc_eagle
And who is the new bald guy sitting next to Ari? I think I heard it is another friend from home. I hope he isn't the cliched guy from their past who has been through a lot with them but is something of a ne'er-do-well who just takes advantage of Vince.
Uh oh, sounds like a potential shark-jumping moment...
SwingOnThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:01 AM   #16
sfphillyfan 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Quote:
And who is the new bald guy sitting next to Ari? I think I heard it is another friend from home. I hope he isn't the cliched guy from their past who has been through a lot with them but is something of a ne'er-do-well who just takes advantage of Vince.
Yeah. That is sloppy writing and has been done a million times before.
The views and opinions expressed above are those of sfphillyfan and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of EFO or the administration. And to further confuse you, here's a pic of Kate Beckinsale:
:
Old 06-08-2006, 11:35 AM   #17
nyc_eagle
Veteran

nyc_eagle has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I'm hoping they're smart enough to avoid it. But as soon as I heard about another friend from home, I assumed it would be that kind of character.
nyc_eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:44 AM   #18
SwingOnThis
Pro Bowler

SwingOnThis has disabled reputation

I don't mind a new friend being introduced (although all of the characters are so strong, they really didn't need any), i'll just trust that they won't fall prey to the common TV cliche characters.
SwingOnThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:56 AM   #19
sfphillyfan 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Why don't they just dust off Worm and Mike McDermot and put them in the show.
:
Old 06-12-2006, 08:59 AM   #20
stevemc 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

stevemc has disabled reputation

Quick but good start to the season. Again - Ari is magic! LLOYD!
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote