Dillard vs Peters -what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
    Some of this may be Peters willingness to take a deal that protects the organization. I also wonder if we would be better off with Dillard and Big V vs Peters and Dillard. Yes, JP is superior to V, but V offers more flexability and may save another roster spot.
    According to everything that I have read Peters is still rated in the top 5 OTs. Big V pretty much sucks IMO. Howie may look foolish to sit a guy for 2 years and that is going to influence his thinking. It certainly is a dilemma.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Peters may still be above average OT but I don't think he is top five by any means. Lots of guys get better press because of their reputation
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Just my opinion, but when I watch Peters play now, he's just battling to a stalemate , not dominating like the past. I like the guy, but they need to move on if he doesn't take a massive cut
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I find this situation with Dillard disturbing. This is a guy that they drafted as a successor to Peters, and the time for that should be right now. The fact that they are possibly looking to bring Peters back indicates that either Dillard simply isn't ready, or well, either way it's not encouraging.

Comment

With the latest being the mutual agreement to have JP test free agency, it may be that the team was just showing deference to JP as he decided what he wanted to do. It doesn't surprise me that there's a FO faction that would want him to stay, considering his body of work. This could be less about Dillard, and more about the team not wanting a messy split from a Eagle great.

Comment

Let JP leave with dignity while leaving the door open for a return is the best scenario I can think of (other than JP agreeing to be a backup for $1million).

Comment

Working...
              X