Eagles should retire Carmichael’s number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles should retire Carmichael’s number

Now that #17 is in the Hall, I think it’s a no-brainer that the Eagles retire his number.

I was also thinking about who the team should induct to its Hall of Fame next. Maybe Tra Thomas. Thought about Celek, but he never went to the Pro Bowl and Thomas went a few times.
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Is Seth Joyner's 59 retired?

You could also make a case I think for Clyde Simmons and is Jon Runyan?
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Who's wearing 17 now? Jeffery? If so, they'd likely wait until he's gone. When that may be is anyone's guess.

Comment

Joyner’s number is not retired though he’s in the Eagles HoF.

Simmons is in the Eagles HoF, and Runyan isn’t yet. Agree that he’s deserving though. And yep, Jeffery is wearing 17,
        "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
        — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”

Comment

Are they even retiring numbers anymore? I know that the Bears stopped doing it because they were running out of numbers. I think that a lot of teams have followed suit.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

As far as I know, they still are. Carmichael would be the 10th. The Bears stopped retiring numbers after 14 guys, I think.
            — Michael Strahan

Comment

I am not a big fan of retiring numbers but if it is used it should only be for hall of fame people who spent the majority of their career with that team.
              Ring of honor, statues or busts of players are ways to recognize players and still keep flexibility for the team
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                I am not a big fan of retiring numbers but if it is used it should only be for hall of fame people who spent the majority of their career with that team.
                Ring of honor, statues or busts of players are ways to recognize players and still keep flexibility for the team
                Totally agree. Remember when people voted for Reggie White to be the all time face of the Eagles? What??? He played the majority of his career playing for Green Bay! Jim Ringo is in the Ring of Honor and he played one year for them, his last
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I like how teams’ Halls of Fame can honor some players and coaches that won’t be getting into Canton, and how retired numbers can raise the honor more. Teams like the Bengals don’t have Hall of Fame, but they should. Ken Anderson should have his number retired.

Hmm...the Bengals do not have a Ring of Honor or Hall of Fame, but in 2017 they had banners at their stadium highlighting their greatest players and coaches for their 50th anniversary. Makes me wonder why they didn’t make it permanent.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...pHwpZ5ns3ZaRK/
                  Last edited by balto-eaglefan; 03-07-2020, 07:18 PM.
                  — Michael Strahan

Comment

Working...
                  X