No announcement yet.

Another rumor - Reid might stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is a good post tino. it's impossible to ignore all the great things andy has done for this franchise. this team was a disaster before he got here, and we had a damn good run for a good 8-9 years. it sucks he's going out like this ... but it's time.

i do think he will ultimately be remembered for all the good, and not the past 2 years.

Comment

Good read, and congruent with Tino's post. From Mr. Bowen:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...t_be_back.html

EXCERPT:
      "I think there are two main groups pushing this notion, one sincere, the other incredibly insincere. The sincere ones are a small but "bigger than I thought they'd be at this point" subset of fans who remember too well all those years of Nick Skorich, Joe Kuharich, Marion Campbell and Rich Kotite. They retain a lot of respect for Reid's five NFC title-game appearances, and they fear the unknown. They fear again going unwittingly from Buddy Ryan, who wasn't quite getting it done, to Kotite, who was an embarrassment, to Ray Rhodes, and so on.
      That's very understandable, but the rest of us know you can't huddle in darkness because you might get shocked changing the lightbulb. Andy has no more ideas, or if he does, they aren't likely to be any better than his last set of ideas, which included Michael Vick, Jim Washburn and Juan Castillo as defensive coordinator.
      The insincere group is, basically, having a bit of fun. These folks have no doubt that Reid should be fired, but the fact that he has not been ridden out of the Linc on a rail and tossed off the Walt Whitman Bridge in midseason offends them. So they pretend to believe that Lurie (or "Laurie" as they often refer to him in emails) is such a weak-kneed yutz, he will keep Andy on, precisely because it is the wrong thing to do, and "everybody knows Eagles management always does the wrong thing," etc. It's a variation of "the universe is out to get meeee!"

Comment

I sincerely would like to look for a way to keep Andy in the organization, in a different role. My respect and appreciation for what the man brought to our organization is not wiped out by a few bad decisions. There is NO QUESTION in my mind that he needs a break, some lessening of the role and duties of being the grand overseer, head muckity-muck do-it-all for this team. Burnout was likely even without his personal family issues. Let Howie write contracts(and nothing more) , let Andy administrate and manage as a form of GM and get a coach with a philosophy of his own in here that you empower to run the players and schemes.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

You can do that a few years down the road. When you have a regime change, you get rid of everyone, especially the top guy, or else it's too hard to actually have the regime change.

Comment

"Hey, I heard that Lurie said Reid might stay. I'm sure I heard Mr. Lurie say so." -- Reid's genius of an agent

Comment

Failure to fire Reid should open up future lawsuits for anyone who is fired being incompetent.

Comment

Reid is going to resign at seasons end. Andy can't give up power. It's not in his nature. The only thing worse than Andy as HC is Andy the GM. Some team is going to throw big money Reid's way so I don't see him staying in Philly.

San Diego has a MAJOR hard on for Reid. Reid has a home in the SD area. Do the math. Would you stay in Philly and deal with that shit or move to somewhere like SD where you have a home and such a laid back atmosphere?
                FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Working...
                X