Chip's version-Kind of funny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
    Well, first Lane Johnson got suspended for PEDs. Then, a couple guys got dinged. The O-line kind of fell apart, and Foles was getting his ass kicked.
    I agree. Also there was no real deep threat.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
      Apparently Mike Vrabel just turned the 9ers DC job down. Wonder how Chip will spin that?
      WOW! I guess that he doesn't want to coach a bunch of worn out guys!
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Crennel is 68 and isn't going to be the DC too much longer. Vrabel will eventually be the DC in Houston anyway.

smart to interview and get Houston realizing they need to promote him or might lose him

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          Well , Andy was calling the plays. DP was just explaining why Reid did it.
          you may have missed that part. Pederson admitted that he called the plays in the second half. Including the end of the game. Smart question asked by the media. Kind of lame excuse

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
            you may have missed that part. Pederson admitted that he called the plays in the second half. Including the end of the game. Smart question asked by the media. Kind of lame excuse
            Did anyone listen to Pederson yesterday on Angelo's show. He elaborated on the play calling. He said it was a learning experience and that in hindsight he would have liked to score two or three plays before it. The biggest thing he said was you have to learn from it.

My point is just because this happened in KC doesn't mean it will happen here. Pederson is going to make his mistakes as a play caller. Andy did the same thing when he came here. Remember Andy never called plays before he got here. At least Pederson has some things that he can look at and learn from for his play calling down the stretch.

Once again I think the media is making too much of this. I think even though Pederson may be calling the plays, Andy could have still been saying slow it down, get the right call etc.
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
              Did anyone listen to Pederson yesterday on Angelo's show. He elaborated on the play calling. He said it was a learning experience and that in hindsight he would have liked to score two or three plays before it. The biggest thing he said was you have to learn from it.

My point is just because this happened in KC doesn't mean it will happen here. Pederson is going to make his mistakes as a play caller. Andy did the same thing when he came here. Remember Andy never called plays before he got here. At least Pederson has some things that he can look at and learn from for his play calling down the stretch.

Once again I think the media is making too much of this. I think even though Pederson may be calling the plays, Andy could have still been saying slow it down, get the right call etc.
              The receiver not getting out of bounds at the 1 yard line really messed things up. If he had either gone out of bounds or scored, they would have been in great shape. Instead, he's down at the one and now you try to hurry up and run it in from the one and get stuffed for a loss of 1. From the 2 yard line, you probably want different personnel in the game and the right play because, more than anything, you need the TD.
              At the time, I understood why they were taking so long.

Even with just over a minute left and the three timeouts, I think they should have kicked deep. I think the Pats would have been less likely to throw for the first down if they were on their own 20.
              Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                The receiver not getting out of bounds at the 1 yard line really messed things up. If he had either gone out of bounds or scored, they would have been in great shape. Instead, he's down at the one and now you try to hurry up and run it in from the one and get stuffed for a loss of 1. From the 2 yard line, you probably want different personnel in the game and the right play because, more than anything, you need the TD.
                At the time, I understood why they were taking so long.

Even with just over a minute left and the three timeouts, I think they should have kicked deep. I think the Pats would have been less likely to throw for the first down if they were on their own 20.
                Yeah, I remember that play now. The announcers doing that game sounded like idiots anyway. They were calling for bombs with over 5 minutes to go (like you can just dial up a TD whenever you want!). KC took what was open and were in decent shape until that receiver gambled and lost on that completion by the goal line. I thought that he was going to score too. I think the whole conversations with DP is BS. Then again, maybe they were playing for the onside kick the whole time according to his answer. Either way you're in a pretty tough spot there being down by 13 with six minutes to go.

Comment

“One of the things that struck me when I left Philadelphia was the text messages and calls that I have from the players we had there,” Kelly said. “It really meant a lot to me. I’m not one who looks at what’s reported and what’s not reported. I’m a pretty black and white guy. And when I talk about the relationships I had with the players I had there and the many of them that reached out to me when this went down, I feel very, very comfortable with my relationship with my players.”
                  Yea Chip, we know.

Comment

Lynn removes name from consideration for OC in Kelly's staff

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10321/anthony-lynn

...after Vrabel does the same at DC

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1115/mike-vrabel

Comment

Maybe Davis and Shurmur should call him...

Honestly, I feel a bit sorry for Davis. I believe that he may have had to fight an uphill battle because of tempo.

Comment

I've a feeling that Pat Shurmurs phone is ringing off the hook , LOL!
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                          I've a feeling that Pat Shurmurs phone is ringing off the hook , LOL!
                          If Rory Segrest can get hired I have no doubt that Schumur and Davis can find work.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post

I actually did not hear that and thanks for sharing

that sounds much better than his talk at his introduction conference in which he really did make excuses for it. and to me sounded alot like Big Red

lets all hope he is better at the hurry up

Comment

If Rory Segrest can get hired I have no doubt that Schumur and Davis can find work.
                              Davis should move to the other side of the ball. Anyone who gives up 12,000 + yards in 2 seasons should look for another job
                              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                              X