Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the heck are they going to pay Carson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck are they going to pay Carson?

The going rate right now is $30 million for a QB because Zak just became the 5th QB to sign for that amount and the price is only going in one direction. Howie just did over Countess' contract (who?) just to clear up a few bucks. I think it's going to happen pretty quick.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Wilson, Rogers and Ryan are the only 3 making 30 mil. All came in their 3rd contract.

I assume you meant Dak and not Zak. I haven’t seen him sigh

He will prob be in the 25 mil range. Wentz should be 28 mil range. But who the hell knows

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
      Wilson, Rogers and Ryan are the only 3 making 30 mil. All came in their 3rd contract.

I assume you meant Dak and not Zak. I haven’t seen him sigh

He will prob be in the 25 mil range. Wentz should be 28 mil range. But who the hell knows
      I assume you meant sign and not sigh. I also assume that that you have been watching sports for most of your life and know about athletes salaries. They go up, not down. Garoppolo signed for $137 million after starting 5 games in his life. When Stafford's contract was up it was recordsetting and I'm sure Dak's and Wentz's will be too unless one of them decides to go hometown discount which has about the same odds as me ever seeing another Lombardi.

Comment

Thanks for the lesson. Lol

Kirk Cousins got 84 mil 3 years. 28 mil a year just last off season

Dak’s play and Wentz injuries don’t dictate 30 mil imho

Agents probably like your line of thinking. I think Cowboys and Eagles should be smarter than that on their first new deal for these QBs

Just my opinion

Comment

Jimmy G gets 27.5 a year

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
            Jimmy G gets 27.5 a year
            I don't know how the math works out but I'm sure that Howie does. We have him at whatever for this year and about $20 million next so he won't be complaining anyway. By that time he'll cost $35 million so who knows which way is the way to go? I think that they should take the safe way and wait and see how he makes out this year seeing as though we have him locked up for 2 more anyway. Actually 3 if you count the franchise tag. By then I'll be dead so I won't give a shit anyway.

Comment

Thank god we won the Super Bowl before a Carson contract otherwise we’d still be wishing for one and be jettisoning players like the Seahawks

Comment

I stopped "worrying" about the $$ after I learned my lesson years ago--- good teams figure it out and bad teams don't.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                  I stopped "worrying" about the $$ after I learned my lesson years ago--- good teams figure it out and bad teams don't.
                  I'm glad that you finally believed me MD after I wrote that about 100 times although I do think of it from time to time. Once the Weasel got fired Luri really opened up the purse strings and said go for it like Bartolomo did with the 9ers. Not only did he pay them big but he treated them like kings. I remember a birthday party his ex players through for him years after they all retired that cost well over a million dollars! I think that they finally got fined when Bart left the team and the GM (forget his name) moved onto another team. I think that the mob put up some of Bart's money because Tagliabue wouldn't mess with them as long as Bart was there. Nobody ever wrote about it but this is my own warped little theory. When Bart bought the gambling riverboat the owners forced to put their foot down. At least nobody got whacked lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    I'm glad that you finally believed me MD after I wrote that about 100 times although I do think of it from time to time. Once the Weasel got fired Luri really opened up the purse strings and said go for it like Bartolomo did with the 9ers. Not only did he pay them big but he treated them like kings. I remember a birthday party his ex players through for him years after they all retired that cost well over a million dollars! I think that they finally got fined when Bart left the team and the GM (forget his name) moved onto another team. I think that the mob put up some of Bart's money because Tagliabue wouldn't mess with them as long as Bart was there. Nobody ever wrote about it but this is my own warped little theory. When Bart bought the gambling riverboat the owners forced to put their foot down. At least nobody got whacked lol.
                    That we know of!!!

Comment

I would let this sit for a year. I’m not ready to give him a 5 year $165 million deal until I see him make it through an entire season and perform at that level.
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                        I would let this sit for a year. I’m not ready to give him a 5 year $165 million deal until I see him make it through an entire season and perform at that level.
                        As much as I love the guy and have such high hopes for him---- he has got stuff to prove yet.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                          That we know of!!!
                          Did they find Hoffa yet?

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                            At least you've gotten to the point where you think that he should be released!!!!

Comment

Easy 60. Let’s not compare Wentz to JP.
                              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
                              X