• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramsey rumors

Peter King lists Eagles as his top “gut feel” landing spot for Jalen Ramsey
    Interesting!

By Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton Updated Sep 19, 2019,
    Jalen Ramsey is expected to suit up for the Jaguars’ Week 3 Thursday Night Football game this evening but there’s talk that Jacksonville could trade their star cornerback as soon as Friday. And now there’s more smoke that the Philadelphia Eagles could be the team trading for Ramsey.

Take a gander at this tweet from Peter King on Thursday afternoon:

Peter King

@peter_king
    Gut feel, Ramsey landing spots:
    1 Phl: Roseman unafraid, can offer 1+3+SJones.
    2 Sea: Schneider unafraid, major CB need.
    3 KC: Reid unafraid of big chances.
    4 Bal: DeCosta unafraid but loves building thru draft.
    -
    Look for trading team to talk to agent 1st+try for long-term deal.

1:17 PM - Sep 19, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    400 people are talking about this
    Couple thoughts on this:

Interesting to see the Eagles listed first here, unless King just put the teams in no particular order.
    That’s a very specific hypothetical offer. Is that just total guess work? It seems like it could be realistic.
    King’s tweet is hardly the only thing linking the Eagles to Ramsey in recent days. ESPN’s Tim McManus previously reported the Eagles are “doing their homework” on Ramsey. CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora said the Eagles are among the early favorites to trade for Ramsey.

Now ESPN’s Josina Anderson is additionally reporting the Eagles are among the teams who have made “substantive inquiries.”

ig: josinaanderson

@JosinaAnderson
    I'm told Jalen Ramsey is fine playing TNF tonight, but a source just told me he doesn't anticipate being a member of the #Jags next Sun. Teams like KC, BAL, MIN, OAK, PHI, SEA hv all made substantive inquiries, but my understanding is almost every team has at least placed a call.

1:01 PM - Sep 19, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    1,479 people are talking about this
    UPDATE: NFL insider Mike Garafolo also chimed in on the Eagles’ interest level in Ramsey.

It’s definitely high, I can tell you that much. And they have done their homework on Jalen Ramsey. The problem with the Eagles is they’re involved in everything. Howie Roseman is always involved, he checks out everything. So you don’t quite know the level of the interest, but the more that I talk to people down here [at the NovaCare Complex in South Philadelphia], the more I hear back from them, the more that I think the interest is legit here. I don’t think they’re ready to meet that asking price of two first-round picks just yet. But we talked earlier in the show about how they thought their defensive front was going to be so good and injuries have slowly chipped away at that. Well, much in the way that a defensive front can help your coverage, your coverage can also help your front. So, I would not be shocked to see the Eagles at least make a strong push here to potentially bring Jalen Ramsey to Philadelphia. We’re not there just yet, but I can tell you that there’s been a lot of homework done by the Eagles on Jalen Ramsey, from what I am told. And they are definitely squarely in the mix, I’ll put it to you that way.”

Hmmm.

I can’t say I’ve been the most gung-ho about the Eagles trading for Ramsey. There are concerns about off-field issues, cap space and draft pick allocation, etc. But the more I think about it, King’s proposed offer of a first-round pick, a third-round pick, and Sidney Jones is sounding more palatable.

It’s worth noting that — assuming he plays for the Jaguars tonight — Ramsey wouldn’t be allowed to suit up for the Eagles on Sunday. By rule, NFL players can only play in one game per week. But maybe Howie Roseman will swing a trade for Ramsey and the 2017 All-Pro talent will be playing for the Eagles as soon as Week 4 in Green Bay.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I think a 1st a 3rd and Jones will get this deal done. I expect it to be finalized on Friday!
    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

So just as Jones gets fully healthy and shows the skills that made him a consensus top 10 pick before the combine injury we trade him? I don’t like it. Price too high.
      Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
      Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

You had better be ready to pay him about $15million a year in 2 years when his contract is up if you trade for him. Hell, he might ask for a new contract now. Maybe a 3rd rounder but I think that I'm just passing and I'm guessing that Howie will too.

Comment

too bad Darby shit the bed the other night. Darby ,a first and whatever would make me happy. I thought Jones is finally started to show promise
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Are the other teams going to offer similar? 1 + 3 plus a CB starter in return? Just seems like too much.

Comment

A first and a starting CB is pretty rich. I would think the throw in would be more like a sixth than a third
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Seriously guys, I don't think they'll get a one for him with the contract situation. You just don't get any guarantees with a guy like him. I'm not sure he even fits in Schwartz's schemes other than when he goes zero coverage. The guy sure is good though.

Comment

Rapoport reported on Friday that Jags owner Shad Khan "loves Ramsey, would be willing, from what I understand, to pay him and make him the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL." So, can the relationship be salvaged?

If we don't hear something soon about a trade I would think they are working it out in Jax. It wouldn't surprise me to see them come to an agreement in order to keep a premier CB. Just depends on how bad the relationship is between the coaching staff and the player and whether the owner would tell the coaching staff what they are gong to live with
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Working...
                  X