Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a recap

in case I have missed something

Economy is great. Well... let's see doesn't appear stock market, since Jan 2017, has budged. Up a little down a little. So he got his first year bump but hasn't done anything since. Heard today US Steel isn't doing as well as he thought. Haven't heard anything from him though. Jobs-- last 30 months of Obama administration had greater job creation than first 30 months of Trump administration. Evidently tariffs really do impact US consumers rather than China paying it. Actually if China was giving us millions into our treasury our budget deficit wouldn't be skyrocketing and our national debt wouldn't be going the same way. But economy is great
    North Korea is launching missiles but they are small ones so it is okay. Except it is in violation of the UN resolution. But we get the most beautiful letters. And things are peachy with Iran. In fact I wonder what is different between Obama negotiating with Iran and Trump with N Korea. Other than the fact the Obama actually had a treaty come of it. I suppose the great negotiator is still waiting. Oh and ISIS. I just heard they really aren't defeated. We didn't wipe them from the face of the earth after all. And they are actually stronger in places than they were three years ago. Whoda thought.
    Guess I don't have time for the whole government but good thing those tax cuts worked wonders.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
    in case I have missed something

Economy is great. Well... let's see doesn't appear stock market, since Jan 2017, has budged. Up a little down a little. So he got his first year bump but hasn't done anything since. Heard today US Steel isn't doing as well as he thought. Haven't heard anything from him though. Jobs-- last 30 months of Obama administration had greater job creation than first 30 months of Trump administration. Evidently tariffs really do impact US consumers rather than China paying it. Actually if China was giving us millions into our treasury our budget deficit wouldn't be skyrocketing and our national debt wouldn't be going the same way. But economy is great
    North Korea is launching missiles but they are small ones so it is okay. Except it is in violation of the UN resolution. But we get the most beautiful letters. And things are peachy with Iran. In fact I wonder what is different between Obama negotiating with Iran and Trump with N Korea. Other than the fact the Obama actually had a treaty come of it. I suppose the great negotiator is still waiting. Oh and ISIS. I just heard they really aren't defeated. We didn't wipe them from the face of the earth after all. And they are actually stronger in places than they were three years ago. Whoda thought.
    Guess I don't have time for the whole government but good thing those tax cuts worked wonders.

Everything will be fine once poor little innocent Russia is welcomed back into the G7 and that "nasty" Prime Minister of Denmark learns her place and agrees to sell Greenland to the US.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
      Everything will be fine once poor little innocent Russia is welcomed back into the G7 and that "nasty" Prime Minister of Denmark learns her place and agrees to sell Greenland to the US.

Man he comes up with some beauties but that one took the prize!
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I read an article that talked about Greenland having a lot of "rare Earth" minerals. I also read an article talking about China trying to snatch up alliances and agreements that allowed them to control a lot of rare Earth minerals.

I realize you guys don't like the guy and that is fine but when stuff like this gets out I wonder if it is more part of the China negotiations. Basically him throwing it out there to see if China reacts.

I know guys that you won't give the guy any credit no matter what and that is fine. I am rooting for him just like I rooted for President Obama during his 8 years.

That is all I have to say about that as Forrest Gump said and I'd remind both of you that I didn't vote for either candidate but my Libertarian tendencies do align more with Trump than HRC.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

aw, my libertarian tendencies go far more toward republican than democrat. Policywise anyway. My dislike of Donald Trump goes way back; he is in my mind he is and always has been a piece of s***. But when elected I said he had a great opportunity to have a great presidency. Unfortunately he hasn't.
          Google up a Fox and Friends interview from early 2017; maybe Feb maybe March. A seal was killed in a raid that he approved. That happens. I have no problem with that since I know war to be a terrible thing. Now I am winging this from memory but in that interview he says it was not my operation. They came to me, the generals did, and wanted to do this. Not my generals mind you--Obama's generals. But I said okay. Then they lost Ryan. Didn't say we lost Ryan said they lost Ryan. I have no use for that.
          I am willing to listen to anyone. I am willing to give credit if given something to give credit for. But the great negotiator hasn't successfully negotiated anything as far as I can tell (The new NAFTA isn't anywhere near approved). When I ask what is better than when he took office I get crickets.
          Deficit and debt--nope
          Environment -- nope
          Relations whether race or just people in the US -- nope
          Relations with other countries -- nope
          Immigration policy -- nope
          War, troops at war, terrorism -- nope
          Jobs -- nope. Look at 30 months before his presidency and the 30 months since he took office. Not much change. But I will be honest in saying we have jobs in this country.
          Trade -- whoa that's a nope even though I heard him say winning a trade war is easy.
          Anyway, you get my point. I wouldn't let him alone in a room with my wallet nor my daughter.

Forgot, I was going to start by saying Greenland has a whole lot of value strategically and in their resources. The US having Greenland isn't the silliest thing I can think of. The way he went about it was an affront to an ally
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

AW,
            I am committed to resist the temptation of getting into political discussions here because they are a waste of time and can cause "agita". I believe you feel much the same. That said, when this guy says things publicly, and repeatedly, that are either bizarre...even for him...like talking publicly about "buying" part of another country or 2) inexplicable, like his downright obsequious infatuation with Putin, I'm going to have a hard time not poking some fun at him.

You are right! I don't like him...and haven't for probably 30 years. New Yorkers know all about Donald Trump because he has spent his entire adulthood shoving himself in our faces. He is without question the biggest attention whore I've ever witnessed in my life. In fact, very few New Yorkers like him and even fewer would trust him. He is regarded as a shameless liar, a chronic cheat and con man in his business dealings, a vengeful and thin-skinned bully, and a singularly self-absorbed and selfish man who cares only about money, publicity and pussy. He can be disarmingly charming, when it's suits his purpose. But that's another subject.

Despite believing that he was unfit to be our president, I had sincerely hoped that the history and gravity of the office would somehow touch him in a positive and constructive manner. IMO, it has not. He is keenly aware of the power of the office but seems oblivious to the humility that must moderate the wielding of that power.

And, I hold the arrogant and entitled Hilary Clinton at least partially responsible for this shit fest.

You referenced Forest Gump in closing. I'll go with Loony Tunes. ....
            That's All Folks.

Comment

Guys I am 100% a policy first and only guy. China is a menace and an evil nation and has been for 100 years. I'm sorry... they just are. Not the rank and file citizen mind you but the gov is just an evil empire. So I'm completely on board with whatever he does to try and put China permanently in the dustbin of history. China to Trump is the Soviet Union to Reagan IMO.

As for his other policies and machinations, I agree with many of them because as I stated I'm a policy person first.

Do I wish it was some other person in the oval office. Absolutely I do. I would have put a Jim Webb or Jon Kasich sign in my yard if either one of them was the candidate but they weren't. And Hillary Clinton is the worst person in the history of American politics.

So I'm willing to go along with all that Trump brings with him and hold my nose because I agree with probably 75% of what he is trying to get done.

I'll finish with 2 comments.
              1. I don't like discussing politics on this board either but I'll do it because I think we learn from dissenting opinions.
              2. And this is the big one... The U.S. Senate has been the single largest obstacle to any and all progress legislatively since about 1820. I am a HUGE student of history and dating back to the Henry Clay era the Senate has been the most corrupt organization known to man. It remains so today. Chuck Grassley, Mitch McConnell, Pat Leahy, Dick Durbin...the list goes on and on... of public "servants" that feed at the hog trough of the defense industry, banking, pharma, energy... YOU NAME IT. And look at what the Senate does now. NOTHING AT ALL. Literally NOTHING. They are collectively kicking the can down the road and trying to wait Trump out because gridlock and kicking the can down the road is good for their pockets. Well we are running out of road here. My hope has been throughout this Presidency that Trump would figuratively speaking strap on a suicide vest and blow it all up so it could be remade because you have to admit it is broken. That is the one thing I applaud about what people see as his lack of decorum. I want him to jam his body into the gears of government and seize it up so it can be rebuilt by a more reasoned person later on.

Love you guys.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
              X