#1 FA Priority..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 FA Priority..

Regardless of how the QB carousel shakes out & the Peppers rumors fly IMO the #1 FA move on March 5th should be Kevin Mawae.He'd be a great 1yr rental allowing Jackson to recover.I don't see any way how Jackson can be productive in 2010 and bringing in Mawae for 1 year buys Jackson time and allows Cole to move over to RG in case Stacy Andrews can't go.The left side of the line is set but the C,RG spots are very questionable.Thoughts?
    Just give me ONE before I go!

I would much rather see them invest a 3rd round pick in a younger center. Let Cole play center next year until Jackson is available and spot in with either MJG or one of the Andrews sisters. Remember, the Birds do a GREAT job developing young OL so I would definitely go with youth.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

If MJG is on the team next year, the FO is not doing it's job. He is a big, fat, TURD.

The O-line definitely needs to be addressed. I'd like to see Mawae, but I don't think a 1 year deal is going to do it.

Comment

I don't see it as the #1 priority. We COULD make do with what we have although not ideal. We need another stud DE rusher. That takes the pressure off the LBs and secondary. That sort of acquisition has a domino effect for the defense IMO. Don't get me wrong. I want Mawae, I just don't think it has to be a day one item.

Comment

Kevin Mawae would be an interesting pickup and a somewhat out-of-character move for the FO. He doesn't have that many good years left, but if they really do want a one-year rental I could see him helping.

But I think that the coaches want to see what this offensive line can do with a year of experience together. Let's not forget, there was a lot of upheaval at the position, two decade-long starters had both gone at the same time, Andrews had already been gone a year. And that's before injuries that cost games for Peters, Herremans, Jackson, and both Andrews. This year's offensive line just never got the chance to get it together, and it held the team back. Studies have shown that the best offensive lines are the ones that are able to play together for a while. A year of experience playing together for Peters/Herremans/Cole/Justice should help them all next season. If Shawn Andrews is by some miracle able to play, all the better.

OL is a position that could certainly use any help the FO wants to get for it, but also one that will heal up on its own to some degree.

Comment

Working...
          X