Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which nfl qbs

would you take over mcnabb right now?

i'm not even sure i'd take peyton anymore.
    <insert 'system' debate here>

by the way, i love the goofybutts who ranked rothlessburger over 5. all ben's done including the superbowl in his last x games i heard was 0 tds and 9 picks.

theisman blamed it on his boo-boo from his wreck.

around the nfl...

eli - no
    brunell - no
    bledsoe - no
    grossman - no
    favre - no
    johnson - no
    who's starting in detroit? - no
    or tb? - no
    vick - no
    brees - no
    alex smith - no
    hasselback - no
    bulger - no
    leinart or warner - no

lossman - no
    culpepper or harrington - no
    brady - close. no.
    pennington - no (sonofab cost me a few fantasy games this weekend with that -7)
    mcnair - no
    rothberger - no
    frye - no
    palmer (not kitna - end of day here at work) - close. no.
    peyton - close. no.
    young - no.
    leftwich - no.
    carr - no.
    whoever's starting in oakland this week - no.
    plummer or cutler - no.
    rivers - maybe if nab was 5 years older. no.
    green or his fill-in - no.

-

in other words, mcnabb was anywhere from 3rd to 8th or so in where people ranked qbs in the league.

right now, he's playing as good as any of them.

keep it up 5
    Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

You forgot Carson Palmer on that list.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Well right now McNabb is the best QB in the league.

However, if I had to rank em based on 1/3 past 1/3 present 1/3 future, i'd still go

Brady
      Manning
      McNabb
      Carson Palmer
      Hasselbeck

That's a slight change as I would have ranked Palmer above McNabb at the beginning of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
        You forgot Carson Palmer on that list.
        accidenty wrote 'kitna' instead of 'palmer'

tnks, fixed.
        Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

If Peyton Manning had been drafted in Philadelphia he would probably be out of the league by now. Brady might be the only other QB in the league that could handle the pressure McNabb has been under since day 1.
          Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

If Peyton Manning had been drafted in Philadelphia he would probably be out of the league by now. Brady might be the only other QB in the league that could handle the pressure McNabb has been under since day 1.
            Man, I know what you're trying to say here, but no freaking way. Peyton is extremely good, and I know he has struggled in the big games, but the man can play QB. Peyton has had better weapons, but I think he would have made our crappy old receivers very good, pretty much the same as 5 has done.

Comment

Originally posted by erik
              Man, I know what you're trying to say here, but no freaking way. Peyton is extremely good, and I know he has struggled in the big games, but the man can play QB. Peyton has had better weapons, but I think he would have made our crappy old receivers very good, pretty much the same as 5 has done.
              I think Peyton would have had the mental fortitude to withstand Philly fans/media. I think Ben Roethlisberger too but that's because he's too stupid to understand any better.

Comment

Brady
                McNabb
                Manning
                Palmer

Palmer hasn't proven anything in the postseason yet. Brady is the king until someone proves they're better on the biggest stage. I'd take McNabb in a big game over anyone except Brady.

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
                  Brady
                  McNabb
                  Manning
                  Palmer

Palmer hasn't proven anything in the postseason yet. Brady is the king until someone proves they're better on the biggest stage. I'd take McNabb in a big game over anyone except Brady.
                  Ditto
                  FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
                    Brady
                    McNabb
                    Manning
                    Palmer

Swing,

I would agree with your rankings based on past performance and accomplishments in the NFL, because no current QB has reached the level of accomplishment that Tom Brady has.

However, if we are talking about overall ability (arm and legs), leadership, toughness, and ability to win games within the Eagles environment, there is no QB I would take over McNabb.

Comment

I'd go

Brady
                      Manning
                      Palmer (if only for potential)
                      McNabb
                      Member of the Mike Bartrum Fan Club

Comment

I'd seriously consider Brady, and Palmer. Brady is money in the clutch, and Palmer has flat out got a golden arm. But, McNabb is right up there at the top, he's playing his A$$ off, and is a legitimate MVP candidate. Not too shabby.

Plus, if things go right, and we don't get hammered with injuries, he can take us all the way. That's the most important thing.

Comment

Dmac will never have the consistent accuracy that both Manning and Brady have. But neither of them have his "escapability" or his capacity to pick up big chunks of yardage with his legs. #5 runs MUCH less than he used to, but the capacity is still there and he uses it when he has to.

I haven't seen Palmer much at all, so I'd have to base any assessment of him on what the "experts" have to say...and since most of the "experts" are either assholes, sheep, or both, I don't have anything substantial to go on. So Palmer doesn't get considered by me at this point.

I'd probably take Brady over Dmac, and that's it!

Oh, and of course, Farve over everyboby.

Comment

Working...
                          X