No announcement yet.

My thoughts on the Cowboys Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirk has sucked all year. Lucky for him the punt coverage has saved his ass almost every time. Eventually someone is going to take advantage. With Reggie Bush back there next week...color me worried

Comment

"7. Dirk Johnson's didn't look great yesterday and in fact has not looked good all year but in fairness to Dirk the guy on the other side was tremendous. 52.5 yards per punt for McBriar to Dirks 41 ypp. McBriar is a heck of a weapon for Dallas. "

Before anybody runs this guy out of town,, his net, and that is the number that counts for punters -- was only about 2 yards different from the Cowgirls punter.

Just balancing the scales a bit --IMO, he could do better and has before, but you judge a punter by his net moreso than by his gross.

Comment

Dirk's gross average is 27th. His net average is 17th. Overall he's less than average.

Comment

Cowbgirls net punt avg yesterday-- 41 Eagles was 38.5.

Yet, the Cowgirls guy is being called tremendous and a "weapon" (and he is the same guy that let a snap go right through his hands)and here our guy is being talked about like "dirk has sucked all year".

Just trying to bring a little objectivity to the thread.

As I said, I think he can and should do better BUT while not great --- ranked 17th and no fumbled snaps --- isn't "sucks" territory in my book, maybe it is to others.

Comment

Oh no!?!?!?!!? Not MD defending Dirk again?????

MD, the only thing I will say on this is, maybe Dullass punt coverage team sucks and ours is really good????? Last time I checked, people were talking about how much better out ST coverage was than the Girls. Switch punters and it could be our punter looking like the best in the league with a great net.

I was at the game and have to saythat the coverage looked great considering how short a couple of those punts were.
            Pedro

Comment

Well Pedro, I have not defended Dirk before, that I know of, actually haven't had to in years and frankly I'm not "defending " him here-- simply trying to comment on what I believe is more over kill, that's all. The guy is what he is, an average punter.... 17th ranked.

But your assumption that with the Cowgirls punter would be improve our team soooooo much is just pure conjecture. I could make a case that he could out kick his coverage thus allowing more return yardage. He was also responsible directly in giving the Eagles 7 points and momentum.

Again I'm not saying Dirk is great or HOF or pro bowl, there is room for improvement, lots of room actually, but he isn't the piece of crap some people want to seem to label him as.

Comment

MY thoughts from the Link.

We were fantastic as the 12th man. We yelled the whole game. We never let up. I was proud to be part of such a great victory. I know it may sould so selfish, but at least I'm giving the other 60,000 fans credit too.

Most of the sacks were on the other end of the field......I think all of them. So, I was not as able to see how we got them. All I know is that they were big sacks. I was sad to see two of them wasted when we gave up the 4th and 18 on the final drive. You have to take advantage of back to back sacks.

I could not believe those passes for TD's It seems so surreal to watch Baskett running down the sideline all by himself. I don't think I even saw him cross the line...I was high fiving everyone around me once he shed the corner. TD Brown's catch was incredible. right in front of me. I couldn't believe we were catching the big ones.....unlike TO.

The only game that I've ever been to and felt this great about was the NFCCG. But the final TD set off the same kind of reaction that Chad's final TD caused. I went bizzirk.

Oh yeah, for the first time in over twenty years of going to games, I do not remember entering the game. I don't even know where my ticket is. I remember walking to the game and climbing to my seat, but I blacked out from the walk to the gates to the stands. I didn't think I was drunk, so it must have been my adreniline. I was just so psyched about this game. And to win like that was so fucking awesome.

I am still flying high.
                Pedro

Comment

Without looking or caring about the stats, IMO Dirk sucked yesterday., my eyes tell me so.

The Eagles front 7 were killer yesterday. We gave up more rushing yards than I thought we would, but IMO Dallas was lucky it was a 1 TD lead in the 4th.

The Eagles OL was outstanding. Please kill the 3d and inches passing plays for about the 100th time in my life time.

McNnbb throws a very nice deep ball, bit you have to temper this with balls to the shoe laces, fastballs throw when only touch is required, and a sense for taking unnecessary sacks.
                  Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

MD, you fought with me for a week about Dirk when he first came here.

I think your defense of him is over the top. Nobody was calling for his head....like you think. They were just pointing out that his play needs to improve.........big time. I think there is nothing wrong with that.......but like a year ago, you think fans are over the top to point it out. Again, we are on opposite ends of this.

Conjecture? Come on bud, did I need you to inform me of that?
                    Pedro

Comment

Pedro we disagree.

Re read this thread, some people ARe talking as if Dirk Sucks, and they have used that word.

He is average, if you choose to label someone who is average as sucking, that's on you and that's what's over the top.

And please do not twist with your " but like a year ago, you think fans are over the top to point it out." --- I don't think fans are over the top for saying he can or needs to improve,,,,,,,,, but they are over the top if they say he "sucks".

Comment

His kicks were poor on Sunday. I agree he's average at best, but he wasn't quite that good Sun. Still a long way to go, and I'm guessing the Eagles kicking game is going to get better.
                        Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
                          Pedro we disagree.

Re read this thread, some people ARe talking as if Dirk Sucks, and they have used that word.

He is average, if you choose to label someone who is average as sucking, that's on you and that's what's over the top.

And please do not twist with your " but like a year ago, you think fans are over the top to point it out." --- I don't think fans are over the top for saying he can or needs to improve,,,,,,,,, but they are over the top if they say he "sucks".

Here is the only hard comment and it was from Dawkins:
                          "Dirk has sucked all year. Lucky for him the punt coverage has saved his ass almost every time. Eventually someone is going to take advantage. With Reggie Bush back there next week...color me worried."

What was over the top? 27th in gross after 5 games does "suck all year".
                          Pedro

Comment

Working...
                          X