Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And you think that our medical staff is bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And you think that our medical staff is bad?

Kelechi Osemele says Jets sent blank MRIs to doctors
    Oct
    10/24/2019 6:51:22 AM
    |More
    Kelechi Osemele’s standoff with the Jets took another strange turn when the two-time Pro Bowl guard revealed Wednesday that after getting a third opinion this week, he will have surgery Friday to repair a torn labrum, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports.

Osemele also said that general manager Joe Douglas admitted that the team inadvertently sent blank and wrong MRI images to doctors when the player was seeking an independent second opinion. To make matters weirder, Osemele conveyed that the Jets team doctor said that he should have surgery now if he’s in pain. However, the Jets had yet to authorize the surgery as of Wednesday afternoon.

“The conflict is that the team does not think that I’m in pain,” said Osemele, who is getting fined the maximum amount by the team every day that he doesn’t practice.

It’s a jarring statement given the heightened importance on player safety. Osemele has filed a grievance to recoup the money lost through fines. He had a conference call with NFL Players Association officials Monday to chart a course of action.

“It’s ethically and morally wrong,” Osemele said of denying surgery. “They’re saying that pain is the No. 1 thing right now. So, if you can bear it and you can get through it, then yes. But I can’t.”

“I’m 30 years old,” Osemele added. “Let’s be realistic about this. I’m in a lot of pain. My tolerance isn’t probably the same as it used to be… But I can’t go. I just can’t go. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do in this situation. I can lift my arm. It just hurts.”

The Jets declined comment Wednesday when asked about Osemele’s assertions. The organization has inexplicably created a PR mess through their actions and public silence. Adam Gase declined comment on Tuesday. The team declined public comment last week, while a PR official disparaged Osemele through back channels, the ultimate amateur move by a poorly run outfit.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Nasty stuff!

Comment

Working...
    X