Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Bowen...

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports ... 469271.htm

Cool and fun read. Agree with most of it as well.
    "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Was pretty good,,, loved the last paragrapgh.

These guys really can write some good stuff when the mood strikes them((just isn't often enough), just as Hoffman did today... gonna reprint that later.

Comment

Not to bad of a read but let me say this. I am getting tired of so called columunists whose job is to cover this team and know it inside and out printing things that just can't happen. McDougle will be back next year, if anything else but the fact that they will take a 2 million cap HIT if they let him go. He signed a six year deal with a 6 million signing bonus. That bonus is spread out over six years at 1 million per year. So if they release him they actually have to pay an additional 200k out. This won't happen in a year when they don't have much dollars under the cap
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Great article, and yeah, I did like the last paragraph, and the question about "if McNabb went 15 for 30 in a game that we lost by 3 points, would we still be talking about his great competitiveness?"

Too bad about McDougle's cap hit, because he really needs to go. Any chance they can trade him for a 7th rounder or something?
        "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
        — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
        - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

"If the Eagles really don't intend to do another deal with tight end L.J. Smith, who becomes an unrestricted free agent in 2008, what exactly is their long-term plan at this crucial position in the West Coast offense?"

This has been one of my main questions for a while now...I want LJ to stay since I think he works well with McNabb, has grown as blocker and is already excellent in the pass game...however the last 2 years he has been largely ignored by the backup QB or the QB has not been good enough to get the ball to him or Reid/Marty have changed his role after McNabb went down...I hope he does not get let go because of "non-production" due to those factors...and I hope he lowers his demands and realizes this is a very good team for him...
          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Working...
          X