+2000?! I'm gonna take that bet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +2000?! I'm gonna take that bet

The Eagles are a +2000 to win the SB. That's pretty damn good odds and the best i've seen in years. Of course, since I bet it every year, I might as well do it this year. I still haven't found a site with over/under on wins. I really want to throw some money down on that.

I haven't used this site yet, but they have some interesting bets.

http://info.bet19.com/en/sports/livelines_nfl.htm

Comment

Sorry, but for us dummies... what does +2000 mean?

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
        Sorry, but for us dummies... what does +2000 mean?
        I think it means that if you bet $100, you win $2000.

But i could be wrong.

Comment

Thanks, so it's 20 to 1?

Guess it's all that new math and stuff.

Comment

Money lines are generally based on $100 increments i think. Similar to the way the baseball betting lines are set up. But you're right, it's basically 20-1.

Comment

Re: +2000?! I'm gonna take that bet

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
              The Eagles are a +2000 to win the SB. That's pretty damn good odds and the best i've seen in years. Of course, since I bet it every year, I might as well do it this year. I still haven't found a site with over/under on wins. I really want to throw some money down on that.
              * 20:1 Basically.

So lay $1,000 and take home $20,000

Man you'd be happy.
              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
              Playoff Appearances:
              NFC Title Games:
              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I would also like to wager $1000 of SF's money.

Comment

Me too! (But I'm not as picky, it can be anybodies money)

Comment

Yeah, can someone lend me $1000?

Comment

http://www.sportsinteraction.com has the total wins bet available. For the Eagles it's 8.5 wins, but the payout is where they control the flow of bets. If you bet the OVER on 8.5 wins, you have to bet $160 to win $100. If you bet the UNDER on 8.5 wins, you have to bet $85 to make $100.

I'm sure someone out there can explain it better...but the line is set at 8.5 wins.

Comment

Originally posted by jmuCJ
                        www.sportsinteraction.com has the total wins bet available. For the Eagles it's 8.5 wins, but the payout is where they control the flow of bets. If you bet the OVER on 8.5 wins, you have to bet $160 to win $100. If you bet the UNDER on 8.5 wins, you have to bet $85 to make $100.

I'm sure someone out there can explain it better...but the line is set at 8.5 wins.
                        Damn... that sucks. I thought it was a straight up bet. Maybe the standard -110 both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by jmuCJ
                          www.sportsinteraction.com has the total wins bet available. For the Eagles it's 8.5 wins, but the payout is where they control the flow of bets. If you bet the OVER on 8.5 wins, you have to bet $160 to win $100. If you bet the UNDER on 8.5 wins, you have to bet $85 to make $100.

That makes no sense. It sounds like 8.5 wins is underpriced in their opinion. In which case why not raise the total until the bet is even on both sides.

Of course, this could raise the opportunity to set virtually any win total for any team with the appropriate pricing. Kind of like futures pricing on the market. I'd love that. So that If I thought the Cowboys were really going to suck (you know, more than usual), I could be like $40 that they would win less than 6 games to win $100. Bets like that would be awesome.

Comment

I guess they want to reel in the suckers like me who see the 8.5.. want to bet it... find out it's -160 and think "what the hell.. i'll bet it anyway".

I wonder if there's another site with different lines. Could be a way to do the mythical sports betting arbitrage.

Comment

Working...
                            X