• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest on the WR situation.........

Per Brookover-- if he knows anything -----
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Eagles Notes | Birds are hurting at wide receiverEagles Notes

BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Stop the rumors.

The Eagles, at least for the time being, are not interested in Ashley Lelie, the Denver Broncos' wide receiver in the midst of a training-camp holdout.

That stance did not change yesterday when receiver Reggie Brown departed halfway through the morning practice with a strained calf.

Brown, who had one catch for 8 yards in Sunday night's exhibition opener against Oakland, could not say if he would be on the field for tomorrow night's home game against the Cleveland Browns.

"I'm not making that decision," he said.

Eagles coach Andy Reid is usually cautious with injuries in the preseason, especially with his starters.

Todd Pinkston, the Eagles' other projected starter at wide receiver before training camp, remained sidelined with swelling in both Achilles tendons. Pinkston has not practiced since July 29.

A source close to the situation said yesterday that the Eagles' trainers remain confident that Pinkston will recover in time to play this season. In the meantime, undrafted rookie Hank Baskett will continue to run with the first-team offense.

If Brown is unable to play against the Browns, the Eagles will likely start Baskett and Jabar Gaffney at wide receiver, with Greg Lewis working as the No. 3 receiver.

Of course. we already know now that Reggie will start.

Comment

The thing about this WR "situation" is that it provides a great opportunity for alot of guys.Gaffney,Baskett,Lewis,McCants all have a shot at #2 or #3.PT is there for the taking and that's all any WR(especially rooks,I forgot Avant)can hope for.That being said,I'd still like to see the FO make a play for Lelie which doesn't seem likely at this point.
      BTW Fox Sports is reporting that the cowturds are now interested in Lelie along with Da Bears.
      Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird
        The thing about this WR "situation" is that it provides a great opportunity for alot of guys.Gaffney,Baskett,Lewis,McCants all have a shot at #2 or #3.PT is there for the taking and that's all any WR(especially rooks,I forgot Avant)can hope for.That being said,I'd still like to see the FO make a play for Lelie which doesn't seem likely at this point.
        BTW Fox Sports is reporting that the cowturds are now interested in Lelie along with Da Bears.
        If true, this was one of my fears. That by dicking around some other teams might start to be interested and the price could go up-- give the Bronc's the freaking 3rd rounder and let's move on.

)or it could just be an agent trying to spark movement)

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird
          Agree with you again youngster! :P I Know it is beyond all recent experience but I am actually leaning toward a Baskett Avant combo to pull through. I'm not sure if we can win it all this year but I certainly want us to give max exposure to our young WRs and LBs Just like we are doing with our OL and DLs.

Comment

They seem to think that Pinkston is going to get healthy. That, along with Baskett playing lights out so far, probably means they won't make a move on Lelie.

Comment

Lelie-Glenn-TO?

no issues there

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20
                Lelie-Glenn-TO?

no issues there
                No kidding. When Terry Glenn serves as the voice of reason, you know you've got problems...

The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

nothin' like brookover's daily dump

you'd think this team never won a game ever
                  Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleIggle
                    Lelie-Glenn-TO?

no issues there
                    No kidding. When Terry Glenn serves as the voice of reason, you know you've got problems...

Coulda been worse--- they could have kept Keyshawn also!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
                      Originally posted by SeattleIggle
                      Lelie-Glenn-TO?

no issues there

Coulda been worse--- they could have kept Keyshawn also!
                      Since Keyshawn is already under contract, maybe Jerrah can use his "Good Ole Boy" network to get Ray Carruth an early release. That should just about round out their receiver corps with problem free, solid character types.

Comment

Working...
                      X