Dr Z. is a hater to the nth degree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Z. is a hater to the nth degree

I know it's only power rankings, and it's only Dr. Z, but damn, this guy doesn't mask it...

No biggie, just posting.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/w ... index.html

I was close to posting this.

My thoughts:

1 - Denver sucks (Jake Plummer can't eat McNabb's poop)
    2 - New England are Frauds this Year (Barely beating weak teams)
    3 - Seattle? Ugh. Super Bowl hangover and Alexander

Anyway. He gushes over the defense and then says nothing about the MVP @ QB.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Ravens #5? Stop.

Comment

Oh and no mention of Baskett who will be rookie of the week...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multim ... nt.10.html
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

This is a good thing. I have felt all along that we're better as the dog, and flying under the radar like this plays to our strengths. We're going to ride this wave all the f'ing way. We were dogs in the division going in, we'll be dogs in the playoffs, and we'll be dogs in the bowl.

The fact that Donovan is having such a fabulous season, and it's kinda flying under the radar is astounding. Espcially given the attention the TO soap opera last week. He's playing the best football of his career.

So, let's just keep flyin low boys....

Comment

New England isn't as strong as in the past but they did beat the Bengals.

Comment

is this guy serious? c'mon

the colts barely beat the titans....AT HOME
              the ravens are going to fall back shortly...they don't have the offense

I could go on but the colts at 2 is more of a joke than the eagles at 9

Comment

Well look to give you some perspective, Dr Z is the WORST PICKER of football games in the country.

http://picksspreadsheet.blogspot.com/20 ... -2006.html

Comment

To be honest, I am surprised that Z even had us in the top 10. I expected worse from the moron/hater.

Comment

MEMO

TO: Dr Z

I think you're a terrific analyst...and you're also pretty cute, in a Village People kind of way.

Anyhow, please, PLEASE, rank the Eagles lower next week, even if they "crucify" the Saints. (You can use that one if you like) The Cowboys, Giants and Redskins are all clearly much better teams...after all, they have FEATURE BACKS.

I would say somehwere between 28th and 31st would be fair. You can't put them last, because then people might think you're biased.

Oh, and on a personal note...Peyton told me that you'd better trim the 'stache a little closer or he won't be giving you any more action. Something about a brush burn. He said you'd know what he meant.

Bye now!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                      I was close to posting this.

My thoughts:

1 - Denver sucks (Jake Plummer can't eat McNabb's poop)
                      2 - New England are Frauds this Year (Barely beating weak teams)
                      3 - Seattle? Ugh. Super Bowl hangover and Alexander

Anyway. He gushes over the defense and then says nothing about the MVP @ QB.
                      Why would Plummer want to eat McNabb's poop? Is it such a bad thing that he can't?

Comment

"What I hate most is a defensive unit locked into a sedentary four-man rush that shows no imagination, but Johnson creates a constantly moving spectrum of blitzes and twists and zone blitzes, fortified by reserve linemen he can insert at any time. Simply beautiful."

"Dr." Z is as confused as he is old. How can you say the reason they aren't ranked higher is the lack of imagination by the four man rush, then gush over how much pressure the D is applying and how well they are doing it?
                        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin

"What I hate most is a defensive unit locked into a sedentary four-man rush that shows no imagination, but Johnson creates a constantly moving spectrum of blitzes and twists and zone blitzes, fortified by reserve linemen he can insert at any time. Simply beautiful."

"Dr." Z is as confused as he is old. How can you say the reason they aren't ranked higher is the lack of imagination by the four man rush, then gush over how much pressure the D is applying and how well they are doing it?
                          He's not saying they have a lack of imagination. He's saying he loves this unit because it has that imagination. He can't stand units that don't.

He also says he should have them higher, but I guess couldn't justify a huge leap from 11. All power rankings are crap. I thought everyone knew that.

Comment

Aren't his rankings based on the "playing on a neutral field right now who would win" premise?

I'm sorry, but right now we'd beat the Bengals, the Seahawks and the Ravens under those circumstances. Probably the Chargers.

But like AToney said: all power rankings are crap.

Comment

AT I think you're right. I just reread his blurb and I guess he's not making that statement but the way he wrote it is confusing.
                              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                              X