Adalius Thomas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adalius Thomas?

Ravens OLB is a FA this year. Anyone think the Eagles would be interested? He is a beast but will be 30 in August and will demand the entire bank from the looks of it.

yep
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Nope.

Comment

A 30 year old career 3-4 OLB is not what our defense needs IMO.

Now a 27 year old Lance Briggs from a 4-3 in Chicago is intriguing but I think he'll be too cost prohibitive. Then again - Julian Peterson was a difference maker in Seattle who broke the bank as a free agent and paid dividends.

Comment

If they didn't go after Peterson last year, and I don't know why they didn't, I don't think they will go after either Briggs or Thomas or anyone this year.
          www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

I think Briggs will get the franchise tag from the Bears. Steve outlined the reasons why I say nope to Thomas. We tried a 30 year old big bucks FA this year and weren't overwhelmed by the results.

Comment

GoCong will be the starting Strong Side Backer next year. We all have to stop having fantasies of a big linebacker signing. First off we don't have the money, secondly they simply don't put enough stock in the position
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I don't think we need a big name LB signing, we just need to add a quality decent-sized guy from FA or the draft to create more competition in camp.

Comment

First off, Briggs (and Thomas) are a long way from reaching the open market. Thomas I don't see as a fit - very good player, but there are other teams he'll fit better (Browns, maybe?). Briggs is a PERFECT fit for our defense - a SSLB who excels in coverage. Young. Worth big money, and honestly I wouldn't be shocked if we went after him. Reid has invested some prime resources in linebackers over the years - 3 second round picks (2 of them high second rounders) and both Trotter and Nate Wayne got decent-sized deals. Now Briggs would command a lot more coin than those two, like twice as much. But kind of like the Kearse signing, when you've got a standout young free agent and a gaping need, Reid/Banner aren't afraid to strike.

Comment

Trotter can't play outside right?
                    http://www.myspace.com/r3nj

Comment

Originally posted by statler
                      I don't think we need a big name LB signing, we just need to add a quality decent-sized guy from FA or the draft to create more competition in camp.
                      This is where in the past I felt the same but I don't today. I REALLY think an impact OLB who can blitz the QB will make a difference. Gocong may indeed be that guy. Some of our good defenses of the past in '03 & '02 had Trotter & Emmons with 3 to 4 sacks each in those years. We haven't had a LB in the last 3 years with more than 2 sacks. The QB knows he doesn't have to worry about a LB blitzing. Even Mike Caldwell would get 3 sacks some seasons and we had multiple LBs getting to the QB. That isn't the case today.

I'd like to see a LB with the ability to blitz get in there. If we have to pay to get that - I'm all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
                        Originally posted by statler
                        This is where in the past I felt the same but I don't today. I REALLY think an impact OLB who can blitz the QB will make a difference. Gocong may indeed be that guy. Some of our good defenses of the past in '03 & '02 had Trotter & Emmons with 3 to 4 sacks each in those years. We haven't had a LB in the last 3 years with more than 2 sacks. The QB knows he doesn't have to worry about a LB blitzing. Even Mike Caldwell would get 3 sacks some seasons and we had multiple LBs getting to the QB. That isn't the case today.

I'd like to see a LB with the ability to blitz get in there. If we have to pay to get that - I'm all for it.
                        Good points, I think that Gaither in time though will be able to blitz and get sacks. GoCong has the sack type pedigree so who knows.
                        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by IMK
                          First off, Briggs (and Thomas) are a long way from reaching the open market. Thomas I don't see as a fit - very good player, but there are other teams he'll fit better (Browns, maybe?). Briggs is a PERFECT fit for our defense - a SSLB who excels in coverage. Young. Worth big money, and honestly I wouldn't be shocked if we went after him. Reid has invested some prime resources in linebackers over the years - 3 second round picks (2 of them high second rounders) and both Trotter and Nate Wayne got decent-sized deals. Now Briggs would command a lot more coin than those two, like twice as much. But kind of like the Kearse signing, when you've got a standout young free agent and a gaping need, Reid/Banner aren't afraid to strike.
                          I agree here and frankly I'm not gonna say it happens, but if he hits the market place -- I would not be shocked to see Banner and Reid take a nice run.

Comment

Working...
                          X