Citizenship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizenship

Man people are going nutty. I firmly believe birthright citizenship needs to be redefined. Have always thought it silly that someone can land here for a day, give birth to a citizen. Be that as it may I firmly believe the people of the country have to do it through the constitutional process.
    This president and all those who ranted and raved about Obama using Exec Orders must have short term memory issues. He is using Exec Orders faster than anyone. And to use it to change the constitution......really? What do you think is going to happen when the next Dem gets in power? Ummm, did we not see what happened when Harry Reid changed fed judge confirmation rules and then McConnel upped the ante and changed Supreme Court confirmation rules. Of course, he will now try to call in his chips if this gets to the SC.
    People really are scary. Step back from the ledge.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Well I agree it has to be fixed.

But don’t be shocked to find out that that there are a lot of constitutionalists that actually believe he can do it. Based on the meaning of the “full Jurisdiction of”.

This country will never ever get any more amendments made , at least in the foreseeable future. So it may well come down to the SC.

And your snarky remark about “calling in his chips “ is just a typical TDS ( yeah I know you just a libertarian)......... every president since the beginning of the SC appoint people.... doesn’t mean that are “CHIPS”..... that is why they have the job for life.

Not gonna drag myself back onto this anti Trump forum over this question, other than to say it needs to fixed for all non-citizen births. Just like 90% of the rest of the free world countries do.

Comment

Not surprisingly you and I will never agree on this fool. If there are constitutionalists that believe it they are far right, out of the mainstream thinkers. I almost hear echoes of what the definition of is is.
      If you can't get amend the constitution using the rules of the constitution maybe you shouldn't be changing the constitution. Personally, I think this is one of the very few things that could pass muster.
      Not snarky just truth. If anyone doesn't believe this guy operates 100%, not 99% but 100%, in the chips business they don't want to face reality. Of course every pres appoints SC justices and it doesn't mean there are chips. Hell look at some John Roberts votes and disappointment in presidential eyes. Those times are slipping away and this guy doesn't operate that way. Ask Jeff Sessions.
      There are numerous countries that operate with birthright citizenship. There are numerous countries that have changed those rules in modern times. And there are countries that don't. Don't really give a crap since the vast majority of those countries look to the US for leadership and look to the US as the symbol of freedom.
      As I said I believe it should change. I believe, if he is as big a believer in the constitution as he says he is, he should put forward the impetus to make the amendment. I also know that he is as backhand as any president, maybe shy of Nixon, and bitched about exec orders but goes ahead full steam. As does his base.
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

As you guys know I used to be a writer. I’m also a huge political guy. I have started writing about some of these issue if you guys care to read it.

https://seanclaycamp.wordpress.com/2...t-citizenship/
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Good article. Probably somewhat because I believe they have bastardized exec orders through blatant overuse, I don't believe he has that authority, and I see upping the ante as crazy even though I fully believe in changing the amendment. Actually going through proper motions would be greatly beneficial to the country IMM.
          As a side note my son was born on Brit soil and given a Brit Birth Certificate solely by being in the country. Britain, as has the rest of Europe, has since changed this as in your article and is my belief. He lost most rights to my understanding when he failed to register for conscription when he turned 18. I believe though that his national healthcare is still in place.
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Working...
          X