I just feel awful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just feel awful

We had them by the balls until that drive when we lost half of our defense. We would have held them to 3. Of course Nick had just let them off of the hook with that interception but it wasn't that bad of a throw. He gave his receiver a chance but the defender made a superb play on it. The team battled and battled but fell just short like they have in all too many games throughout my life. Then all of a sudden it was like Doug lost his mind rushing Nick up to the line before the 2 minute warning when the only way that we were going to win that game was scoring at the buzzer. I'm not sure that Nick did himself any favors for the future with his play yesterday but he battled.

Schwartz came with 5 much more than people realized but those blitzes were so easy to recognize that they were a waste of time and left holes in the secondary. He really needs to be more creative there but he's not going to change. I have seen some cool stuff that he did during the season but not yesterday and again the picket fence failed because they line up on the line to gain rather than in front of it.

So once again I will be here everyday until next season hoping that we catch lightning in a bottle one more time and I hope that some others will be here too. This is the best football forum by far and that's probably because we all know each other and aren't arguing with strangers. There really isn't any other sport close to football and the thousands that go to a game every week. I respect every one of our Eagles that put their bodies on the line for us to enjoy and don't resent a dime that they make. My wife, dog and I are pretty quite this morning along with Alshon who has nothing to hang his head over. What a great Eagle he is.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I feel bad too 60 but we have the memories of 2017~2018 to keep us warm. They are primed for a 5-7 year run here I think. Rest and retool and get ready for a helluva ride in 2019.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Yea, they have some holes but they also have some talent to build around so I expect them to be relevant again next year. I hope like hell they get a good look at their strength and conditioning program because the injury bug is what beat them this year.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

they ran a bunch of those big pass plays at our 12th string DB too
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Yep. Posted somewhere that I had never heard of Hawkins and don't know if he ever played a down for the birds.
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
            Yep. Posted somewhere that I had never heard of Hawkins and don't know if he ever played a down for the birds.
            That was his first action all season. I think he was signed when they cut Bausby. I only had heard of him, because I listen to the "Kist and Solak" podcast (which is outstanding by the way). They were worried that if Sydney Jones couldn't go, then Hawkins would be the first guy off the bench if someone got injured.
            As soon as I was #48 on the field, I knew we were fucked.
            Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I am with you 60 I feel terrible. They had them up until the INT. After that is was all Saints. They really did whatever they wanted. The only thing I will say is Schwartz only sent more than 4 (3) times in the game, one of which was a pass that was completed. The other two were runs we stuffed. He zoned blitzed a few times dropping the end back into coverage (something he didn't do much of this year). Other than that it was rush 4 and play a real soft zone.

I think a healthy Eagles team is much better than a healthy Saints team. I think the team yesterday plays the Saints in Philly and we beat them soundly. The Saints won, they were the better team yesterday. Hats off, we move on and fix this thing.
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I do not feel terrible at all. A bit sad cause we "coulda" --- but by all accounts and measurements we "shoulda" never been there--- so the "ride" was extended a bit.

Please go back and think about when this team was 4 and 6 and had the injuries piling up like 39" snow from a Nor'easter churning up the East Coast.

If anyone of you claims you thought (THEN) the Eagles would not only MAKE the playoffs but actually win 1 game and be in a position to win a 2nd one from a team they lost to by 41 points who was at home and coming off a bye---- I'll call you out as a liar.

This team has given, at least me, more than I could have hoped for these last 2 years--- based on the injuries that they have suffered in BOTH the last two years. They have talent, they have heart, and had some luck, but in the end this year the injuries just were just to much to over come.

Awful? No I feel pride, I feel my team gave all they had--- and IMM that is all I can ask of them. From the Coaches to the players to the F/O I have thoroughly enjoyed this ride!! And as I keep telling y'all--- the RIDE is all we get!!

Comment

It may have been in the game thread since I didn't go read all of it but something I have not read anyone comment on was that damn fake punt to get the first down. That isn't the first time the birds have been burned by a fake. If I am Doug I am in Fipp's ear telling him that for the rest of his career the last f'n words out of his mouth to the punt team better be don't come back off that field if you let up a fake. No call for that to happen
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                    It may have been in the game thread since I didn't go read all of it but something I have not read anyone comment on was that damn fake punt to get the first down. That isn't the first time the birds have been burned by a fake. If I am Doug I am in Fipp's ear telling him that for the rest of his career the last f'n words out of his mouth to the punt team better be don't come back off that field if you let up a fake. No call for that to happen
                    I haven't even looked and won't relive that game again but I would think that when the punt return teams come on the field they are undersized up the middle and that is a pretty easy yard to pick up if you have the balls to call it. As it was NO didn't gain much I don't think. I just don't like everybody on the news slobbering over it like I've heard all day today. If they went for it on 4th down and made it they would have made about the same amount of yardage. Then again they might have made 10 yards on the friekin play and I'm full of shit. I just don't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      I haven't even looked and won't relive that game again but I would think that when the punt return teams come on the field they are undersized up the middle and that is a pretty easy yard to pick up if you have the balls to call it. As it was NO didn't gain much I don't think. I just don't like everybody on the news slobbering over it like I've heard all day today. If they went for it on 4th down and made it they would have made about the same amount of yardage. Then again they might have made 10 yards on the friekin play and I'm full of shit. I just don't remember.
                      They were ready for it! They left their starting front 7 on the field and still got beat!
                      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                        They were ready for it! They left their starting front 7 on the field and still got beat!
                        Well that kills that theory. I thought that it was pretty well defended and that they only got a yard or two. It wasn't like some monster fake where they got 20 yards or so like most of them.

Comment

With the rules to protect the snapper, its tough not to pick up the 1/2 yard they needed.

Comment

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
                            With the rules to protect the snapper, its tough not to pick up the 1/2 yard they needed.
                            I think Doug knew that by declining the penalty that there was a chance that they'd go for it or try a fake. He might have even been trying to bait Payton into it hoping for a stop that would put us up three scores.
                            Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                              I think Doug knew that by declining the penalty that there was a chance that they'd go for it or try a fake. He might have even been trying to bait Payton into it hoping for a stop that would put us up three scores.
                              That very well could be spurr. You would think that they would have called it off when they saw our lineup in that case. I seem to remember some linebackers in tight too.

Comment

Working...
                              X