Mcloed staying put

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mcloed staying put

Eagles reworked his contract. Hopefully they reduced that 9.9 million cap hit.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/theeagle...19-season/amp/

Maybe it’s time to start an Eagles FA thread with updates of who is staying or going.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Good. I have been thinking they should try to put Maddox in a position and that it might be better to put him at safety because they are thinner there than CB. Having McLeod gives them much better flexibility. Add in that Worrilow will be back and you can see they are trying to put themselves in a position to draft best players and not need positions.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

good deal !
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I am sure this is the first of a few. I do believe between this contract redo and the cap rollover plus the LTE not earned the Eagles are under the cap for 2019 now. This is before anything with Nicks contract etc.
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

This had to happen and he knew it. This actually would have happened even without the injury.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Good move for all parties concerned.
            Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

I hope McLeod comes back strong. Solidifying the safety position alongside Jenkins would be big for the defense. With the depth we should have there, it allows us to concentrate on the DL & LB group.

Moves like this and Worrilow to me are the ones that distinguish Roseman. IMO, We'll look back a year from now and remark how he got McLeod to take a pay-cut and brought back a recovering Worrilow who learned our system from the sidelines and ended up producing.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                Eagles reworked his contract. Hopefully they reduced that 9.9 million cap hit.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/theeagle...19-season/amp/

Maybe it’s time to start an Eagles FA thread with updates of who is staying or going.
                I think that McLeod really appreiated the $3 million that the Eagles gave him last year that they just could have voided and helped them out with this year's contract.

Eagles reportedly saved a big chunk of cap space with Rodney McLeod’s reworked contract
                Howie does it again.
                By Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton Updated Feb 1, 2019, 3:27pm EST

Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports
                UPDATE: NFL insider Ian Rapoport has more details on Rodney McLeod’s reworked deal. It turns out McLeod took a pay cut and he’ll be a free agent after the 2019 season:

Eagles and Rodney McLeod agreed to a restructured contract that pays him $3M base for 2019 with a $1M more if he plays all 16 games, source said. McLeod, coming off knee surgery, was to make $7.5M this year on a deal through 2020. The last year was cut off & he’s free after 2019.

Original story below.

On Thursday evening, the Philadelphia Eagles officially announced they agreed to a reworked contract with starting safety Rodney McLeod. The exact details of the new deal were not known at the time. Now we know the Eagles saved a significant chunk of cap space in 2019, thanks to ESPN’s Field Yates:

Source: Rodney McLeod’s reworked deal with the Eagles drops his 2019 base salary from $7.5M to $1.5M. In total, the move creates $7.469M in cap space for Philly.

You just never really have to worry about cap space when Howie Roseman is involved. He’s proven that he’s always able to make it work.

It’s still not perfectly clear if McLeod’s reworked deal includes a pay cut of some sort. Note that a pay cut and a restructure are not the same thing. In short, a pay cut is where the player simply receives less money. A restructure is where there’s no difference in the amount of money the player receives; the only change is when they receive it.

It doesn’t seem likely that McLeod took a huge pay cut. But it also seems like his new deal is more than just a simple restructure, especially considering no one has used that exact word to describe his deal. Everyone keeps using the term: “reworked.”

There’s a downside to restructuring contracts. The short-term cap relief is usually made possible by kicking the can down the road and increasing the player’s cap hit in future seasons. It’s unclear how McLeod’s deal impacts his currently projected $10.9 million cap figure for the 2020 season.

But the Eagles aren’t worried about 2020 for now. They’re just trying to make things work in 2019 and that’s important considering Philly is currently projected to be $18.4 million OVER the cap. Note that the Eagles must be UNDER the cap by the time the new league year starts in March.

McLeod’s reworked deal has helped the Eagles to save some cap space in 2019. The Eagles will be able to save an additional $18.8 million by either trading Nick Foles or ultimately letting him walk in free agency. There are other cost-cutting moves the Eagles can and will make this offseason.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

It also gives them next year to work out the future. Is Douglas going to be a safety eventually? Is Maddox? I don't think Tre Sullivan is long term answer so they need the time to see if Maddox makes a big jump in his second year or if they need to relook the position in FA or draft after 2019 season.
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

I like the move. It seems to me Maddox is a corner at this point.

Comment

A couple smart moves and this defense could be special IMO
                      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                        I like the move. It seems to me Maddox is a corner at this point.
                        Maybe, he certainly has flexibility but I am looking beyond next year-- Maybe foolishly. But what is the long term in the backfield. They gave McCleod his FA after next year. Maddox doesn't have size but he does have heart. He could give both safeties a couple reps on the sideline and then in the future be able to move around as a safety.
                        I think it depends on how Jones turns out or what they think of him. He came with the pedigree. Also whether Cre'von can really handle the slot. You'll have Mills and Douglas although Mills may be an FA by then. Good, tough safeties are tough to come by and I think he has the smarts to do it.
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                          Maybe, he certainly has flexibility but I am looking beyond next year-- Maybe foolishly. But what is the long term in the backfield. They gave McCleod his FA after next year. Maddox doesn't have size but he does have heart. He could give both safeties a couple reps on the sideline and then in the future be able to move around as a safety.
                          I think it depends on how Jones turns out or what they think of him. He came with the pedigree. Also whether Cre'von can really handle the slot. You'll have Mills and Douglas although Mills may be an FA by then. Good, tough safeties are tough to come by and I think he has the smarts to do it.
                          As far as Jones goes does anybody really know if the guy is any good or not? He hasn't played enough to really show what he's got. One thing for sure is that he didn't come in and make the splash everybody thought that he would.

Comment

Buy the way Spurr Rodney's last name is McLeod.
                            Last edited by Eagle60; 02-02-2019, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Fucking 60

Comment

Working...
                              X