Clear All

1-25: Jeffrey Simmons, Cody Ford, Dalton Risner
    2-53: Hakeem Butler, Tytus Howard, Garrett Bradbury
    2-57: Kaleb McGary, Rashan Gary, Josh Jacobs
    4-127: David Montgomery, D. Calhoun, Ben Burr-Kirven
    4-138: Bryce Love, B. Powers, E. Worthington
    5-164: Jordan Brown, Christian Miller, Justice Hill
    6-208: Sutton Smith, Ross Pierscbacher, D. Randall
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Wilkins and Risner are two of the highest talent and character guys in this draft. Would be ecstatic if we got both. Wilkins may go too high. Risner is a 30-40 range that we’d have to trade up for.

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
        Taz, what do you think of Armstead? I haven’t seen enough. What I have seen he seems very average and doesn’t really give us anything that we don’t already have on the roster. How would he fit in the rotation?
        I have watched him play several times, sometimes TV shots don't tell the whole story.

I see a guy with good vision and good acceleration through the hole. He is solid in pass blocking. The one question is pass catching not because he can't its just not a large body of work. From what I saw the times they did use him as a receiver he had good hands.

To me he is a upgrade from Smallwood and Adams. He probably doesn't crack the Howard and Clement (pending health) top 2 but I can see him in some packages and being a good special teams player. In round 4 he is a solid pick up
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
          Rd 1 (25) Cody Ford, G, Oklahoma
          Rd 2 (53) Darnell Savage, S, Maryland
          Rd 2 (57) Dre'Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State
          Rd 4 (127) Vosean Joseph, LB, Florida
          Rd 4 (138 ) Ryquell Armstead, RB, Temple
          Rd 5 (163) Travis Fulgham, WR, Old Dominion
          Rd 6 (197) Malik Carney, DE/OLB, North Carolina
          Not bad, I like Ford a lot but if Brooks is healthy (and BTW he seems to be on his way to recovery) not sure we need a guard. Now I think he may be able to play tackle, he played some right tackle. We need a left tackle though.
          Really like the rest of the picks, although I must admit I have not seen a lot of Fulgham

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
            Dawk, if they go OT it will tell me they see Big V as dependable, flexible depth; nothing more. It will also tell me they don't see Malaita as anything more than depth. I can understand that and live with that but it will tell me something.
            I also think fans see CBs as future safeties more than coaches do. Personally I think it is too early to be thinking about Jenkins replacement but the rest of the safeties are good enough but nothing spectacular. They can play the season with them but certainly an upgrade can be had and they do need someone to play beside Jenkins next year.
            Have to remember that Big V and Peters both are free agents after this year. So going Tackle to me is a high likelihood depending on who is there at 25 .

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
              Love is interesting AW. Do you get the 2017 Love or the 2018? In 17 the kid was unreal playing on one leg and looked like he was going to be a star in the NFL. Just an absolute stud. Last year he looked terrible. That ankle must have not healed right because he just wasn't close to the same back that he was in 17. I'm hoping that we get Henderson or Clement comes back healthy and we don't need anybody!
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I'm not at all worried about V as a FA. If the birds want him they will keep him. If Peters is at the end of his time in Philly they will pay and sign V. That is if they think he is a starting T in this league. If they think he is nothing more than a valuable backup they will offer him that but draft a straight up T high. And if they really get in a pickle they can play Johnson at LT and one of the others at RT; although the ideal thing is to keep Johnson at RT.
                I am looking at a mauler G that may someday become a T. That may be a T that comes in to play G until they figure out the T situation. If you read Spadaro Seumalo is the LG. The question is Brooks' status.
                I am just of the opinion that this draft should tell V, Mailata, Pryor a little of what the birds think of their potential
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                  I hope like hell it isn't Simmons
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                    I'm not at all worried about V as a FA. If the birds want him they will keep him. If Peters is at the end of his time in Philly they will pay and sign V. That is if they think he is a starting T in this league. If they think he is nothing more than a valuable backup they will offer him that but draft a straight up T high. And if they really get in a pickle they can play Johnson at LT and one of the others at RT; although the ideal thing is to keep Johnson at RT.
                    I am looking at a mauler G that may someday become a T. That may be a T that comes in to play G until they figure out the T situation. If you read Spadaro Seumalo is the LG. The question is Brooks' status.
                    I am just of the opinion that this draft should tell V, Mailata, Pryor a little of what the birds think of their potential
                    Honestly, I know we won a Super Bowl with Big V at left tackle and he played pretty well. But anyone who thinks he is a franchise left tackle is sadly mistaken. JM is intriguing bu once again are we going to put a guy out there at a position that on offense is 2nd most important to QB?

If they can get a top level tackle at 25, you betcha they are going to do it.

Comment

I like Love. He has speed and power. I love Montgomery. Both have been run a lot in college but as mid round guys they can carry load for 3-4 years. Which is enough.
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
                      X