• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick idea Herzlich but the President is a little busy today

Mark Herzlich invites President Trump to national anthem discussion
    May
    5/29/2018 1:39:42 PM
    |More
    A veteran Giants leader has invited President Donald Trump to visit the team and engage in a productive dialogue about NFL players' intentions, actions and origins in this national anthem debate, Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News reports.

Linebacker Mark Herzlich, who is part of the NFL Players' Association leadership council that has met frequently with league leaders on the subject, said Tuesday afternoon following the club's fourth OTA practice in East Rutherford that he "would love Trump to come down" and see what an NFL locker room really is all about.

While there have been reports of NFL players potentially boycotting the 2018 season in response to both a new league policy requiring players to stand and the continued unemployment of Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid, Herzlich said the issue is about so much more than one man, politics or patriotism.

And he has invited the President — who said last week that players who kneel during the anthem "shouldn't be in the country" — to come see so for himself.

"I think the best way to handle remarks like that is it's not necessarily a push back against his remarks. It's to maintain the focus on the real issue," Herzlich said. "The real issue isn't players being against a president or against a country. It's about players being for unity, and they want to create an atmosphere with law enforcement, with others in their community that we share in the locker room.

"You go in the locker room and guys from every single race, every single demographic, every single religious background, and we all are just a team," Herzlich continued. "And so I think we see that, what's possible. And I would love Trump to come down here and hang out in our locker room and see what locker room talk's really about, and talking about our night nurses and our babies — this is what we talk about, it's a family."

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Can you imagine the lost revenue from a strike season????

Well, at least we won the Superbowl so Eagles fans are the only ones who are sitting pretty.

oh, and......

Comment

Trust me..... These guys will NOT miss pay checks over Colin Kaperdick or kneeling down for he anthem.

And if by some wild hair some do...... Just would prove 2 things.... 1. Just how stupid they really are. And 2. Just how fast they would feel the wrath of fans.

Comment

And I would love Trump to come down here and hang out in our locker room and see what locker room talk's really about, and talking about our night nurses and our babies — this is what we talk about, it's a family."

What does that have to do with kneeling for the anthem? The President attacked what they did, not how they live their lives and bonded in the locker room.

PS-I probably shouldn't have posted this. Let's not start another political thread. I was just pointing out that the leader of any country just can't drop everything and go visit somebody. It takes months to plan something like that.

Comment

In basic terms he attacked what they did, but he has a long history of racism and anti-black rhetoric. This isn't a political issue. It's an issue of what is right and wrong. I have no problem with them fighting for what is right. Sadly, Trump is a 70 year old crotchety douchebag who isn't going to change his backwards mentality about people who aren't white men at this point in his life, no matter what they do.

Comment

yup, be careful what you wish for Mark

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
              In basic terms he attacked what they did, but he has a long history of racism and anti-black rhetoric. This isn't a political issue. It's an issue of what is right and wrong. I have no problem with them fighting for what is right. Sadly, Trump is a 70 year old crotchety douchebag who isn't going to change his backwards mentality about people who aren't white men at this point in his life, no matter what they do.
              ...... never mind!

Comment

I think it's global warming.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                  I think it's global warming.
                  It's the Russians!!

Comment

What he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                      It's the Russians!!
                      Global warming made the Russians do it.

Comment

I was just pointing out that the leader of any country just can't drop everything and go visit somebody. It takes months to plan something like that.
                        Our President just dropped everything so he could meet with KIM KARDASHIAN. Seriously. Our country has become a reality TV show joke thanks to this guy.

My parents were just on a 2 week tour through Europe, and multiple people noted that while my parents seemed like really nice people, "You know everyone in the world is laughing at the United States, right?"

Comment

Our President just dropped everything so he could meet with KIM KARDASHIAN.
                          Seriously. Our country has become a reality TV show joke thanks to this guy.

My parents were just on a 2 week tour through Europe, and multiple people noted that while my parents seemed like really nice people, "You know everyone in the world is laughing at the United States, right?"
                          That global warming is a bitch.

On the other hand Europe is like running comedy so I wouldn't get too worried about how they think. My wife got up at 5:30AM to watch the "Royal Wedding" which I thought was funnier than watching MASH. Didn't about half a million people die fighting those kings and now they love them?

Comment

Lol......

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                              [B]

That global warming is a bitch.

On the other hand Europe is like running comedy so I wouldn't get too worried about how they think. My wife got up at 5:30AM to watch the "Royal Wedding" which I thought was funnier than watching MASH. Didn't about half a million people die fighting those kings and now they love them?
                              I'm not really worried about how they think. The problem is that they are right - our country is a joke being run by an assclown. 'merica.

Comment

Working...
                              X