Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > The Rest of the World > The Show

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2004, 03:24 PM   #11
leifdawg
2011 Contributor
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Conshohocken, PA
Posts: 10,569
leifdawg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to leifdawg
Default

First of all, I love the Phillies, but it is a fact that they are the losingest franchise in all of sports.

Second I root for the Yankees only during the postseason because it ticks people off; case in point.
__________________
Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?
leifdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 03:38 PM   #12
trufresh17
Senior Member
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 522
trufresh17 has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to trufresh17
Default

That's still weak...and I know a couple of Bengals fans that would argue the losingest franchise in sports point
__________________
I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.
trufresh17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 04:15 PM   #13
leifdawg
2011 Contributor
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Conshohocken, PA
Posts: 10,569
leifdawg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to leifdawg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trufresh17
That's still weak...and I know a couple of Bengals fans that would argue the losingest franchise in sports point
It's not something you can argue, the Phillies have the most losses of any team in sports.
__________________
Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?
leifdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 05:19 PM   #14
trufresh17
Senior Member
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 522
trufresh17 has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to trufresh17
Default

Do you have proof of this?
__________________
I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.
trufresh17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 01:49 AM   #15
leifdawg
2011 Contributor
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Conshohocken, PA
Posts: 10,569
leifdawg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to leifdawg
Default

I couldn't find a link, but I recently heard it somewhere. The Phillies are closing in on I think their 10,000th franchise loss.
__________________
Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?
leifdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 10:21 AM   #16
Buckminster9
Junior Member
Rookie Beeyotch
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North Attleborough, MA
Posts: 22
Buckminster9 has disabled reputation
Default

That would be an interesting stat to put up....on the Phillies message board. I find it interesting that someone who claims to hate hearing Red Sox fans whine has the most posts on the Red Sox message board. I think you envy us, leifdawg. There currently is no greater fan base in all of sports than Red Sox Nation and you know it. You want proof? We currently have 4 home fields. Watch the Sox play an away game against any other AL East opponent other than the Yankees and the majority of fans in attendence are Sox fans.
Buckminster9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 11:19 AM   #17
Fantasy Guru
Senior Member
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,031
Fantasy Guru has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Fantasy Guru Send a message via Yahoo to Fantasy Guru
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckminster9
That would be an interesting stat to put up....on the Phillies message board. I find it interesting that someone who claims to hate hearing Red Sox fans whine has the most posts on the Red Sox message board. I think you envy us, leifdawg. There currently is no greater fan base in all of sports than Red Sox Nation and you know it. You want proof? We currently have 4 home fields. Watch the Sox play an away game against any other AL East opponent other than the Yankees and the majority of fans in attendence are Sox fans.
I don't know about majority of fans, Buck. There certainly is a vocal minority.

I think leif's point is that if you are a diehard red sox fan, chances are you are from the boston area. And you would most likely be a patriots fan. And the Patsies have won 2 super bowls in the last 3 years. So be happy you have any championships to call your own.... whereas philly hasnt had anything since 1983.

That's where the whiny part comes in. Sure the sox haven't won anything in a century.. but you got other shit to celebrate. We have what? Fucking Rocky III?
__________________
Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!
Fantasy Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 12:35 PM   #18
Buckminster9
Junior Member
Rookie Beeyotch
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North Attleborough, MA
Posts: 22
Buckminster9 has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Guru
I think leif's point is that if you are a diehard red sox fan, chances are you are from the boston area. And you would most likely be a patriots fan. And the Patsies have won 2 super bowls in the last 3 years. So be happy you have any championships to call your own.... whereas philly hasnt had anything since 1983.
If you read my previous posts in the board, it's obvious that I think of the Pats more as filler entertainment before the Red Sox season. Baseball is still the national game (unless you count participation numbers, then it would be soccer!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Guru
That's where the whiny part comes in. Sure the sox haven't won anything in a century.. but you got other shit to celebrate. We have what? Fucking Rocky III?
Actually there was nothing whiny about this topic at all. We were discussing possible trades when liefdawg barged in to complain about whiny fans. He then proceeded to whine about how many games the Phillies have lost. My point is that he is free to whine about the Phillies all he wants...on the Phillies board. He's also free to whine about Red Sox fans whining (after we actually do so) in his own topic. Nothing ruins a message board like some moron coming in with off topic crap just because he wants to start something.
Buckminster9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 01:26 PM   #19
trufresh17
Senior Member
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 522
trufresh17 has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to trufresh17
Default

Love the avatar, Buckminster
__________________
I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.
trufresh17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 01:46 PM   #20
Buckminster9
Junior Member
Rookie Beeyotch
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North Attleborough, MA
Posts: 22
Buckminster9 has disabled reputation
Default

Likewise, trufresh
Buckminster9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.