Browns sign Kareem Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browns sign Kareem Hunt

For $1 million. "He deserves a second chance" I don't know how they know that when the NFL is still looking into his conduct but whatever. We know what the NFL values more than anything else (hint, it isn't character).

link

Truthfully-- I was kinda hoping we would into him a bit, Just soooooooooo much upside!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
      Truthfully-- I was kinda hoping we would into him a bit, Just soooooooooo much upside!
      Same here but the eagles are in cap hell for the moment and may not have been able to get a contract to work !

I guess Browns are going to go to a back by committee approach even though they a very good young back in Chubb

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
        Same here but the eagles are in cap hell for the moment and may not have been able to get a contract to work !

I guess Browns are going to go to a back by committee approach even though they a very good young back in Chubb
        Well, I think they could have found a million for Hunt--- I am sure it was mostly public relations concerns for most teams. Plus who knows if he will even get a chance to play. But I would like the talent at RB.

Comment

He probably be suspended at least 6 games.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

If they let that POS Mixon play they'll let anybody play.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I don’t get the Browns interest in Hunt. They have an every down back in Chubb. Hunt was a cheap signing. If Hunt is allowed to play, maybe a trade around the deadline next season?

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                I don’t get the Browns interest in Hunt. They have an every down back in Chubb. Hunt was a cheap signing. If Hunt is allowed to play, maybe a trade around the deadline next season?
                Really Ross? I think that Hunt is the most dangerous RB in the NFL (when he's not in jail). Who couldn't find use for a guy like him? Signing him is a media nightmare though. Of course that lasts until his first TD and then he's a hero again.

Comment

they dealt with Josh Gordon for what ? 4-5 years ?
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I think Browns Fan want to win so bad that this the issues will be easily overlooked. Chubb is a runner, but had no catches.

Comment

So who is to say Chubb isn’t dealt? Chubb did have 20 catches on the season.

Comment

They probably still need Chubb... as we all know that the NFL wiil suspend him for part of the season.

Comment

helluva 1-2 punch
                          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Ahh, the official disclaimer LOL!!

Kareem Hunt will be on a zero tolerance policy with the Browns, John Dorsey says
                            Feb
                            2/11/2019 8:05:52 PM
                            |More
                            GM John Dorsey says the Browns will have zero tolerance for further transgressions by Kareem Hunt moving forward, Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.

In two separate interviews with print and electronic media on Monday, Dorsey addressed the controversial signing of the former Chiefs running back, the Cleveland native who was captured on video kicking and shoving a woman at a downtown hotel in February.

Dorsey noted that Hunt’s act was ‘egregious’ but that he believes Hunt deserves a second chance. He’s under investigation by the NFL and will likely serve a suspension at the beginning of the season.

“We’ve done our extensive research and at the end of the day, in terms of doing our research, we came away that the act was egregious,” Dorsey said. “He’s extremely remorseful for that. Moving forward, I’ve always believed that it is important . . . if a person wants to better themselves moving forward and be a better person, I’m willing to give them a chance in terms of doing that. All the deep research I’ve done, I truly believe he will be a better man today than he was yesterday.”

Dorsey acknowledged that in regards to the whole organizations view of the domestic violence incident, "I think we're all appalled by it. It’s an egregious act. We all understand that. But after doing our research, extensive research, analyzing the situation, we came to the conclusion that, you know what, I am willing to help a man from a second chance moving forward to be a better person, and that's all you can ask for in society, and that's all I'm trying to do."

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                              They probably still need Chubb... as we all know that the NFL wiil suspend him for part of the season.
                              I agree. However if it is 6 games as I’ve been reading, there is plenty of time before the trade deadline.

Comment

Working...
                              X