No announcement yet.

Reggie Brown......injury or no injury?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggie Brown......injury or no injury?

Notes: Brown Misses Practice

November 15, 2006
    By BOB KENT

Wide receiver Reggie Brown sat out Wednesday's practice because of a hamstring injury he sustained in Sunday's win over Washington. He left the game for a short time but returned and finished the game. Brown is officially listed as probable for this weekend, as are three other players.
    Head coach Andy Reid expected to have full participation Wednesday as the team began its preparations for Sunday's home game against the Titans. However, when the club released its officially injury report, it was noted that the Eagles' starting receiver did not participate in full-team work.

Joining Brown on the report are running back Brian Westbrook (knee) and linebackers Shawn Barber (stinger) and Matt McCoy (abdomen).

Maye he caught it from Donte? LOL!

Westy with the knee again???? Guess this IS gonna be a season long thing.

And a note about Barber, what a great pickup that has been. Hope he's OK. Our LB group would be seriously depleted without him. Stingers generally don't have a lingering effect.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

These damned hamstring injuries!

Not just with Bird WOs..but all over the league. Many of these guys seem as fragile as today's thoroughbred race horses, where breeding for speed has been overemphasized at the expense durablity.

But, unless some mad Nazi Dr left over from WWII has been medling with the gene pool, I just don't get why today's speedsters at WO seem so much more vulnerable to hamstring injuries than in years past. One would also question why, given the advances in physiotherapy, sports conditioning etc., exercise regimes that are more effective in preventing ham string injuries have not been developed.

Aarrgghh!

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno
        These damned hamstring injuries!

Not just with Bird WOs..but all over the league. Many of these guys seem as fragile as today's thoroughbred race horses, where breeding for speed has been overemphasized at the expense durablity.

But, unless some mad Nazi Dr left over from WWII has been medling with the gene pool, I just don't get why today's speedsters at WO seem so much more vulnerable to hamstring injuries than in years past. One would also question why, given the advances in physiotherapy, sports conditioning etc., exercise regimes that are more effective in preventing ham string injuries have not been developed.

Aarrgghh!
        It's the drugs man. They do unnatural things to the body and it can't handle them.

Comment

What drugs are you talkin' bout, Willis?!
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Hey - between Donte and Reggie - we have two healthy hamstrings!

Comment

tino I have to think that today's athletes push themselves much harder than WRs did in the past. Not only are the defensive backs getting faster but most of today's athletes have a 12 month training regiment so they never get the long breaks with no exertion that WR did in the past.
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

It's a pretty easy answer if you think about it--ROIDS. When you were a kid, did you ever hear of a guy being out for the season because he tore his PECS!?! Yeah, I used to rip mine all the time.
                These guys are just too strong for their own good.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60
                  It's a pretty easy answer if you think about it--ROIDS. When you were a kid, did you ever hear of a guy being out for the season because he tore his PECS!?! Yeah, I used to rip mine all the time.
                  These guys are just too strong for their own good.
                  C'mon 60, that's just not true. Back in the 60's, 70's and 80's I'm sure there were a bunch of Alzado types doing roids. In the last 10 years we have also seen the tremendous growth in Pro-Hormone use as well. Still none of them are required to get big. In my opinion and experience things like pec injuries are caused more by the style of lifting. Nowadays to get big, you have to lift big. I see guys in their 20's to their 60's ripping up pecs. I have strained mine as well doing really heavy benches. Where people used to do the old 10-15 reps per set now you are often doing 3 to 6 reps with max weight going to failure. That's where the injuries mount up. In fact that's where Darwin Walker tore his up. Afterwards, Mike Wolfe and his staff got him to change his training methods to avoid further injury.

Comment

If Reggie Brown's injury can be attributed to steroids, or his suped-up workout, shouldn't he be strong enough to hold onto the ball more?
                    Prevent the prevent!

Comment

Originally posted by Isam
                      If Reggie Brown's injury can be attributed to steroids, or his suped-up workout, shouldn't he be strong enough to hold onto the ball more?
                      TO can't and he is about as buff as they come at receiver. Maybe roids or muscles mess with coordination? I know they mess with flexibility and casue more injury.
                      Pedro

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
                        Originally posted by Isam
                        TO can't and he is about as buff as they come at receiver. Maybe roids or muscles mess with coordination? I know they mess with flexibility and casue more injury.
                        Pedro if I correctly understand you and Isam here, then I have to disagree. Brown is extremely strong for his size and weight. I remember him reported as doing something around 425 in the bench. That's every bit as strong as the Odiferous One. The point here however should differentiate between drops and fumbles. The strength plays a role in holding on and not easily giving up the ball when being hit and brought down. In Brown's case he had 1 fumble last year and then this one which to me still looked like an attempt to try and lateral the ball. Either way it was still a big hit at just the right moment before he could pull the ball in. At that moment, strength is not as big a component. Think Dawkins hit on Crumpler for a perfect example. I don't recall any examples of Reggie giving up a ball to a tackler trying to pull it away once he had it and the stats back it up (check NFL.com). Strength plays a role in this scenario but steroids aren't worthy of mention. Now, drops are an entirely different question of coordination, focus and timing. Strength here plays a minor role. Mike Wolf the award winning Trainer of the Eagles is a big advocate of flexibility training and core strength a opposed to powerlifter style training. Oh also, look at Reggie too, he shows no signs of being a steroid user

Comment

Working...
                        X