Which was worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EFD
    Man how cool was it when Eric Allen tossed Randall, on cruches no less, that football after running that pick back? That's one of my favorite memories of all time. I saw Randall at the Bowl in '04 and I told him that if he hadn't gotten hurt in '91 we'd be going for our 2nd Super Bowl win that year. I truly believe that.
    Agreed. Still gives me chills thinking about it. I loved Eric Allen.

This feels much worse because of the attitude of the teams.

Those teams back then had pride and heart. This team is likely going to fold. That defense back then took things personally. These guys now are more worried about paychecks and off the field bullshit.

Comment

That return by Allen is still rated as the greatest interception return of all time. Add in the situation, and the image of him handing the ball to Cunningham on crutches in the back of the endzone, and you have quite possibly the greatest single PLAY in Eagles history. Randall himself provided the only possible competition for that honor with the Carl banks play, and the TD pass he threw to Barnett after ducking under Bruce Smith in his own endzone.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

eerily enough - that Allen interception and handoff was when Randall went down for the season a different year - right? That INT was against the Jets in the Meadowlands while Bryce Paup inflicted his pain in Green Bay.

Comment

Yup, it was against the Jets.

I'm not afraid to admit I shed a tear or two.

The other one that destroyed me was Byron Evans vs the Browns. I still hate the Brows to this day for that. Loved Byron. Loved that man. I'm getting teary right now.....
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

B&E was one of my all-time favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
              Yep. That's when we had linebackers who could play.

B&E
              Joyner
              Willie T

backed up by

Eric Allen
              Wes Hopkins
              Andre Waters

man we had a great defense.

I think most of us love that team even though they didnt even sniff a SB much more than the 2004 team.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                Originally posted by stevemc

I think most of us love that team even though they didnt even sniff a SB much more than the 2004 team.
                Not me. That team and defense choked badly when it got to the PO's. Them not winning a SB makes me more mad than the current team not winning one.
                FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Working...
                X