X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PFF on rookie routes with team drafted by

JJ ARCEGA-WHITESIDE, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
    Best Route: Go
    This one wasn’t even close. Arcega-Whiteside was the draft class’ highest-graded receiver on go concepts, including seams, back-shoulder go, end-zone fades and flys that broke off another route. On those go route concepts, Arcega-Whiteside showcased what made us here at PFF come to love him. He has an innate ability to high point the football while also dominating over defensive backs at the catch point. He made 11 contested catches on go routes last year and turned 39 targets into 14 explosive plays of 15 or more yards. All 20 of his go route receptions either moved the chains (eight) or scored six points (12).

This is arguably one of the more perfect matches made in draft heaven as Carson Wentz has been downright tremendous on go routes in his short career. Just last year alone, he threw six big-time throws and despite three dropped passes, completed 12 go routes for 271 yards and two scores. Arcega-Whiteside’s ability on go routes and contested-catch situations both in the red zone and in the open field should go a long way at continuing Wentz’ development into one of the league’s top-end signal-callers.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I am really excited about this guy. Over the years we have solely been lacking in these "go up and get it" type of receivers. Alshon is pretty good at it. Could JJ end up being another Dez Bryant without all the baggage ?

Comment

Remember when we all wanted to draft Mike Williams a couple of years ago because he could win those 50/50 throws? I think that maybe we drafted Aggie or Barnette instead?

Comment

What I like about this pick is its a good marriage with Wentz strength. JAWs strength is the Go routes and its a strength within Wemtz game. As long as JAWS develops (college play doesn't always translate into pro play) I think we got a heckuva weapon for Wentz.
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Do you mean to tell me that you guys don't miss Johnson and Small!!

Comment

60, no one is going to admit to missing a Small Johnson
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

I would never admit to Thrashing a Small Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheDawk View Post
                I would never admit to Thrashing a Small Johnson
                Good one Dawk