No announcement yet.

I'm getting a little sick of Mcnabb and the sensitivity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I give up........ so what, he's too sensitive (in your eyes) ----- So what??????????????

How the hell is that tiring for you?

He hasn't done (or said) a thing the only thing that should tire you out is the constant stirring and printing of non stories -- just like this one-------- BY THE MEDIA!!!!!! You should be furious at them!

Again I ask the question even if he is sensitive, too much so by your standards, SO WHAT?

This should dominate the news cycle after the Eagles draft????

Shouldn't we be talking about the new players, what they may offer and what they may not???? How good they might or might not be?????

But what has dominated the sports news since draft day-- DM and some unreturned phone call??????

That is what should be tiring you out not the sub conscience of DM.

McNabb hasn't said a word-- yet you started this whole thing(this thread) saying you were tiring of his sensitivity -- don't you get it, he hasn't said a word -- so what your tiring of is the constant press and media coverage of what they want you to read .......... made up or not doesn't make any difference to them.

You're buying it hook, line and sinker.

And I never suggested that YOU personally hated or were jealous of McNabb, (If you read it that way I apologize for not being clearer) I only suggested that, IMO, much of the personal attacks and negativity that surrounds him is drawn from those things. By people who have self esteem issues or jealousy issues of their own or the media who creates and stirs-- creates and stirs to put money in their pockets.

Comment

In my opinion we just don't know if McNabb is really as whiny and the media makes him out to be. He may well be hiding in a corner and crying over some of the stuff they accuse him of, or he may just think it's bullshit and not worthy of a reply. This is what pisses me off about him. He could end a lot of this crap by simply making statement and moving on. Instead he says nothing for days - sometimes weeks at a time when these things start up and the media takes his silence as whining. One thing we've debated before that I hold him responsible for is his parents comments. They issue statements like his Father's this week saying that [paraphrasing] 'if the eagles don't want Donovan as their QB there are 31 other teams who do want him'. Excuse me... why the hell do I have to turn on a TV and hear from Donovan's daddy? Hey Papa McNabb, here's a news flash for you and the Chunky Chick, you're NOT celebrities!! No one outside of the media who uses you to create controversy to sell papers gives half a shit what you think!! SHUT UP AND GO AWAY!!!

And yes, I do think Donovan can help himself a great deal by telling his parents to shut the fuck up and stay away from the press!! It really does make him look like a pussy to have him mommy and daddy running to the papers telling the world how disrespected and misunderstood little Donovan is.

Maybe it's me but I don't EVER remember Dan Marino's Mommy & Daddy holding press conferences about their son. Somehow I missed the new clippings when Drew Bledsoe's Daddy bitched that the Patriots drafted Tom Brady. Do you think Sonny Jergunson's Mommy told the papers that teams shouldn't resign other QB's or it might upset her little boy? Donovan, you're 30+ years old. Your parents have the right to say whatever they want, but it does have an effect on your public persona. It might be time to tell Mommy & daddy to "keep your name out of their mouths" when they decide to call a press conference. You had no problem saying it to TO, now try telling it to your folks and maybe make your own statements and you'll find the controversies will tend to go away!!
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Good thread and I want to thank everyone that particpated, good discussion without the flaming or name calling, just differences in opinion.

Juk, I disagree with some of the things you say, I think I wrote a post on the Mommy and Daddy thing.... but you assume many many things that you don't know to be true or not.

I do flat out disagree with this though...

"He could end a lot of this crap by simply making statement and moving on."

IMO, not in Philly, his words could, and would be, parsed and conjecture would fill the air,, "what he really meant" and "why did he leave out?" IMO they and he can not and should not let the media dictate when they speak and about what subjects they speak.

As far as the "old" days go,,, it's a totally different world these guys live in now a days, even an old fart like me can see that and that does create things that weren't there 10, 20 or 30 years ago.

More later,, gotta run!

Comment

MD what am I assuming in my post other than the fact that I think a statement could stop a lot of the rampant crap the media spews. It seems like when Donovan addresses an issue directly, more often than not he tends to shut down the rumors. When he refuses to address things it gives the media a free pass to spew anything they want and there's no one there to dispute it. He may not like having to comment on things, but when he won't say anything and we hear from his parents in stead of him, it makes him look terrible.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

From PFT.
            Can someone tell us when Donovan McNabb became the coach, G.M., president, or owner of this team? Because we missed the news release.

Why does McNabb have this organization clutched by the short and curlies? The mere fact that the organization feels compelled to walk on eggshells around him makes us think that the time has come for a change.

And why should McNabb get a double-extra helping of deference from the team, the media, or anyone? Because of the Super Bowls he has won? Because of the MVP awards on his mantle?

In our view, McNabb is a good quarterback with periodic flashes of greatnesses but who has yet to deliver when it counts the most, and whose body gives out on him too frequently for him to be the long-term solution for a team that is securing its young talent well into the next decade.

The fans simply want a winning team, and an NFL championship would be nice. McNabb is becoming too much of a distraction, both due to his quiet-but-obvious selfishness and his proneness to injury.

Think about the comments that periodically come from his parents. Surely, McNabb has the ability to get them to put a sock in it, if he so chooses. By not telling them to mind their business, McNabb is creating the impression that they are his messengers as to subjects on which he's not ready to get his hands dirty.

The mere fact that the team drafted Kolb tells us that the organization has at least had the internal conversation as to whether McNabb is the long-term solution. The manner in which McNabb reacts to this latest development could go a long way toward helping the powers-that-be make their decision.
            Never look back, something might be gaining on you!

Comment

PFT isnt the most reliable place for news but this was strict commentary... and ouch.

Comment

Can someone tell us when Donovan McNabb became the coach, G.M., president, or owner of this team? Because we missed the news release.

Why does McNabb have this organization clutched by the short and curlies? The mere fact that the organization feels compelled to walk on eggshells around him makes us think that the time has come for a change.

And why should McNabb get a double-extra helping of deference from the team, the media, or anyone? Because of the Super Bowls he has won? Because of the MVP awards on his mantle?

In our view, McNabb is a good quarterback with periodic flashes of greatnesses but who has yet to deliver when it counts the most, and whose body gives out on him too frequently for him to be the long-term solution for a team that is securing its young talent well into the next decade.

The fans simply want a winning team, and an NFL championship would be nice. McNabb is becoming too much of a distraction, both due to his quiet-but-obvious selfishness and his proneness to injury.

Think about the comments that periodically come from his parents. Surely, McNabb has the ability to get them to put a sock in it, if he so chooses. By not telling them to mind their business, McNabb is creating the impression that they are his messengers as to subjects on which he's not ready to get his hands dirty.

The mere fact that the team drafted Kolb tells us that the organization has at least had the internal conversation as to whether McNabb is the long-term solution. The manner in which McNabb reacts to this latest development could go a long way toward helping the powers-that-be make their decision.

Can someone tell me when PFT became a reliable, fact-presenting, independent news outlet? Because I've missed the news release.

Why does PFT have the fans clutched by the short and curlies? The mere fact that the fans feel compelled to read the crap that they write, makes me feel that the time has come for a change.

And why should PFT get a double-extra helping of deference from the Internet or anyone? Because of their ground-breaking news reports? Because of the blockbuster news they released first? Because of the Pulitzers they won?

In my view, PFT is a rumors, notes and news website, with periodic flashes of news updates with facts and evidence, but who have yet to deliver ground breaking news, blockbuster trades and fact-based commentary, and who've eaten enough of our precious time as fans for them to be considered as our long-term pro-football news and media outlet that we as fans are trying to find for the next decade.

The fans simply want a reliable news outlet, and an exclusive blockbuster news report would be nice. PFT is becoming too much of a distraction, both due to their fact-twisting-idiotic commentary, and their proneness to idiotic writers who haven't played football in their lives.

Think about the stupid reports that periodically appeared from its writers (Bradshaw death, etc.). Surely, the PFT management has the ability to get them to put a sock in it, if they so choose. By not telling them to stop spitting lies, PFT is creating the impression that they are their messengers as to subjects on which they are not ready to get their hands dirty.

The mere fact that the fans are reading Sportscolumn tells us that the fan base has at least indicated to web stat counters as to whether PFT is the long term solution. The manner in which PFT reacts to this latest development could go a long way toward helping the fans-that-be make their decision.
                "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Comment

Originally posted by fanofthegame76

Can someone tell me when PFT became a reliable, fact-presenting, independent news outlet? Because I've missed the news release.

Why does PFT have the fans clutched by the short and curlies? The mere fact that the fans feel compelled to read the crap that they write, makes me feel that the time has come for a change.

And why should PFT get a double-extra helping of deference from the Internet or anyone? Because of their ground-breaking news reports? Because of the blockbuster news they released first? Because of the Pulitzers they won?

In my view, PFT is a rumors, notes and news website, with periodic flashes of news updates with facts and evidence, but who have yet to deliver ground breaking news, blockbuster trades and fact-based commentary, and who've eaten enough of our precious time as fans for them to be considered as our long-term pro-football news and media outlet that we as fans are trying to find for the next decade.

The fans simply want a reliable news outlet, and an exclusive blockbuster news report would be nice. PFT is becoming too much of a distraction, both due to their fact-twisting-idiotic commentary, and their proneness to idiotic writers who haven't played football in their lives.

Think about the stupid reports that periodically appeared from its writers (Bradshaw death, etc.). Surely, the PFT management has the ability to get them to put a sock in it, if they so choose. By not telling them to stop spitting lies, PFT is creating the impression that they are their messengers as to subjects on which they are not ready to get their hands dirty.

The mere fact that the fans are reading Sportscolumn tells us that the fan base has at least indicated to web stat counters as to whether PFT is the long term solution. The manner in which PFT reacts to this latest development could go a long way toward helping the fans-that-be make their decision.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
                    Good thread and I want to thank everyone that particpated, good discussion without the flaming or name calling, just differences in opinion.

Juk, I disagree with some of the things you say, I think I wrote a post on the Mommy and Daddy thing.... but you assume many many things that you don't know to be true or not.

I do flat out disagree with this though...

"He could end a lot of this crap by simply making statement and moving on."

IMO, not in Philly, his words could, and would be, parsed and conjecture would fill the air,, "what he really meant" and "why did he leave out?" IMO they and he can not and should not let the media dictate when they speak and about what subjects they speak.

As far as the "old" days go,,, it's a totally different world these guys live in now a days, even an old fart like me can see that and that does create things that weren't there 10, 20 or 30 years ago.

More later,, gotta run!
                    You and Juke are right. If Mcnabb would just comment quickly, much like AJ Feeley did earlier this week, the story would be over with. Instead, we don't hear from him for a long time, and instead hear from his parents, which creates more problems. I actually wonder if some of the local media actually, for whatever reason, do not like Mcnabb personally.

Comment

• "I actually wonder if some of the local media actually, for whatever reason, do not like Mcnabb personally. "

I can think of a bunch, but I'm tired and I'll touch base with you tomorrow-- this may be a whole other topic for discussion.

As for agreeing with both Juk and me -- I think he and I disagree a tiny bit here, maybe just in degrees.

Here is what had to say about Mommy and Daddy.......

"Now let me add, to be totally honest here, there is one thing that I think #5, if he has some input, should change a bit.

He needs to have Mom and Dad learn "no comment". (LOL, of course in this town that will be read into as "really" meaning 14 different things) No, they don't need to STFU, or never say a word, they just have to understand who and where they are dealing with and how it will be portrayed.

Now before anybody take this out of context here is my thinking.

They have every right to say whatever they want to say. When media people call them or ask them questions, there has been nothing ever printed suggesting that they have been anything but honest and open and been trying to cordial.

And personally I don't have a problem with almost anything they have ever said, I have kids, grown kids and I understand everything they have said. And I don't try and read into what they say as it were some mysterious "what they really meant " crap.

But #5 now has to realize even though there is not a single thing wrong with what his folks have said or done, it doesn't make any difference to the crazed (IMO unethical) media and some fans in this city. So only to quell future twistings and the like, I would ask they he instruct his folks to just say "no comment" in most cases when asked to express their opinion --- IN PUBLIC. "

Comment

• MD Fan, whole different topic, but I would like to hear what members of the local media you think are possibly out to get Mcnabb, or just really dislike him personally. If so, why do they dislike him? Is it simply because he talks like the coach and doesn't give them any good quotes, like say, a Bill Parcells? Or is there more to it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jukin
                          This is what pisses me off about him. He could end a lot of this crap by simply making statement and moving on. Instead he says nothing for days - sometimes weeks at a time when these things start up and the media takes his silence as whining. !!
                          100% DISAGREE. You do not want to get into a pissing battle with the media. You DO NOT respond to their games. That is what they want. You don't give into the 50-60 local members of the media. If you do, you are doomed. They will do it everyday.....not that they don't try with McNabb. Anything he says is twisted, so why say anything? Why give them the time of day? Why validate their lunacy? If you answer ONE rumor, you have to answer everyone, or they will say the times you don't respond, it must be because it is true.

And how do we know he knows about all of the crap being said? Is he required to? He might not listen to or read any of these jack offs.
                          Pedro

Comment

• I try to stay out of long drawn out discussions but I'm getting sick and tired of the media trying to make every little thing into a major issue for DMac much more than I am getting sick of DMac
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

• And I'm tired of mega-million dollar athletes being coddled and handled with kid gloves.
                              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• I will say this. It does seem to me, especially after seeing him on Comcast on Daily News Live, that Derrick Gunn has some sort of real dislike for Mcnabb. He kind of at one point with attitude said "The one thing I want to ask Mcnabb is why he said he was befuddled to Michael Smith before talking to Andy Reid about it".

Comment

Working...
                                X