No announcement yet.

I'm getting a little sick of Mcnabb and the sensitivity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedro I guess we disagree. McNabb has been silent on many issues and watched as they snowballed. If he made a simple statement it would go a long way towards shutting down the bullshit. Let's look at the current controversy of drafting Kolb. If McNabb makes a simple statement like "Drafting the best talent available is part of the game and I'm glad to see this team take advantage of opportunities that present themselves. Competition at every position always makes a team better. I'm really looking forward to a great camp!"

Will the media twist it and spin it? Absolutely. But we've heard from Donovan directly and anything the media spins will be pretty clear that it's their take on things and not his. Instead he stays silent while his parents issue statements like 'If the Eagles don't want him, 31 other teams do...' So which statement will create the most controversy?
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

• Originally posted by mcnabbmcnow
      I will say this. It does seem to me, especially after seeing him on Comcast on Daily News Live, that Derrick Gunn has some sort of real dislike for Mcnabb. He kind of at one point with attitude said "The one thing I want to ask Mcnabb is why he said he was befuddled to Michael Smith before talking to Andy Reid about it".
      I thought it was common knowledge that Derrick Gunn is NOT an Eagles fan. He's just about admitted as much during Post Game Live shows on numerous occasions. The PGL show panelists kid him about it live on the air on occasion. He's an admitted Packers fan.

Anytime there is controversy, Derrick Gunn gets noticeably gitty after games in his interviews. I find it mildly unprofessional - and more than mildly annoying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jukin
        Pedro I guess we disagree. McNabb has been silent on many issues and watched as they snowballed. If he made a simple statement it would go a long way towards shutting down the bullshit. Let's look at the current controversy of drafting Kolb. If McNabb makes a simple statement like "Drafting the best talent available is part of the game and I'm glad to see this team take advantage of opportunities that present themselves. Competition at every position always makes a team better. I'm really looking forward to a great camp!"

Will the media twist it and spin it? Absolutely. But we've heard from Donovan directly and anything the media spins will be pretty clear that it's their take on things and not his. Instead he stays silent while his parents issue statements like 'If the Eagles don't want him, 31 other teams do...' So which statement will create the most controversy?
        I'm not disagreeing necessarily, but aside from this most recent issue with Kolb, I'm just having a hard time coming up with other examples.

He said numerous times after the draft booing controversy that he loves Philadelphia.

He spoke immediately and very professionally after the Rush Limbaugh B.S.

He spoke often and regularly about the T.O. incident, and quite professionally then as well.

He spoke immediately about the puking incidents, although lots of people didn't believe him entirely.

He spoke often about his support of Jeff Garcia, although lots of people seemed to ignore or didn't believe that as well.

What am I forgetting? So is it really a valid statement to say that McNabb doesn't always prevent these things from snowballing just because he took a whole 2 days to clear up the phone-call-to-Reid issue?

Comment

• Even though I'd rather not hear his parents chime in, and as much as I'd rather see this crap disappear, I can sure understand why DMac would rather respond in his own time, when he wants to. Otherwise, it's like a Bat Signal goes up because somebody said boo, and Donovan has to respond every single time? Well, forget that. I'd be mainlining Maalox every time I picked up the paper, or pulling a Steve Carlton and staying away from the media.
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

• I tend to agree with those that think #5 doesn't need to speak up, if he doesn't want to.

1. First let me say that I can understand the logic behind speaking up and the logic that it would quell this crap.

2. Fact is though that, in my humble opinion, I don't think it would. I think for several reasons it might even hurt. It sets a terrible precedent, that anytime the media wants they can stir the pot and create some reason for the Eagles to have to defend themselves. It also IMO knowing the media in Philly would do nothing more than create other controversy's out of the rebutted statements. (I can see it now, every word or non word parsed and examined -- and then more rampant pot stirring, based on the current amount of real news). It the old he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't sort of thing.

3. Up to this point I didn't think #5 needed to muzzle the parents, but the time has come to ask very politely to use "no comment" in the future and not to do requested interviews, as this last one was. Now after saying that, Mcnabb may have been raised by his family that you don't get to tell your parents to shut up. OR maybe quite frankly he doesn't care to because he believes they have a right to say whatever they want and/or he doesn't pay any attention to the crap that gets raised. There could be several more reasons also.

4. Why does this happen? IMO, it has several reasons. One is that frankly the media got pissed when the Eagles canceled that presser with #5 about Garcia..... so they decided to stir the pot to make the Eagles and McNabb pay. Another reason is that the Media knows that in this town they can get away with it, that many of the fans buy into the bullshit and they can all make easy money from it, based on the mental fragility of the Philly faithful, at least some of them. Also I think many of them resent DM, AR and the entire Eagles FO-- so when they get the chance to burn them -- they do. Reasons for that resentment are many IMO, Ar doesn't give them anything easy at his Pressers, they hate that! DM stays pretty much in that same company line and they resent it. DM doesn't live in town, and frankly doesn't slobber over the city, the fans and especially the media---- so they resent that and lash out. He also had a nice middle class background, and doesn't fawn over the limelight. They resent the huge (public) contract he got, yes, money no matter who has it stirs jealously twangs in many many people. They resent the FO cause the FO operates the same way, and doesn't fall to public pressure or media pressure and they resent that. They hate the fact that the Eagles run their business their way and they don't let the media and the fans dictate their business------- and the media hates that!!!!!!!!

The bottom line, in my humble opinion, is that for the above reasons and many others, the media and some fans have this antagonistic relationship with AR, DM and the entire organization.

Comment

Working...
            X