• Week 2 vs The Lions GDT

I am hoping for a defensive win of 2-0!

Which guys are not dressing?...

Bradley
    Kolb
    ?

Comment

that's it.

on the detroit side, stafford and avril (DE) are out.

Eagles win 17-13.

Comment

I hope Vick looks inept, with more interceptions than completions

All Td's from special teams and defense

Comment

Birds 27
          Lions 17
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

They need to dominate this game. Detroit isn't an outstanding team by any means and they are without their QB.

FLY EAGLES FLY
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
              They need to dominate this game. Detroit isn't an outstanding team by any means and they are without their QB.

FLY EAGLES FLY

but the question is... do you think they will?

Comment

from the freep:

Mitch Albom
                EAGLES 28, LIONS 13
                Michael Vick has learned he can run but he can't hide. Against the Lions, running is enough.

Michael Rosenberg
                EAGLES 24, LIONS 17
                I picked the Lions to win last week, and while they basically did, I'm contractually banned from picking them two weeks in a row, especially since they are playing a backup quarterback.

Drew Sharp
                LIONS 24, EAGLES 21
                Release the hounds on Michael Vick. The Lions provide an inspired effort. Instead of feeling sorry for themselves, they display some long-missing snarl.

Comment

philly:

LES BOWEN'S PICK

I'm taking the Eagles, pretty much on faith here. That, and I like the possibility of Ernie Sims breaking his 29-game personal loss streak against the team he played for in 28 of those games.
                  Don't really know what a full game of Michael Vick will look like. Don't really know if the defense can stop even Lions backup QB Shaun Hill, without middle linebacker Stewart Bradley. Don't know how much better the Lions are from the 2-14 team of last season or the 0-16 team the year before.

The Eagles will tell you the Lions are much improved. But no team goes into a game downplaying the opposition. Certainly, they are a team that lost its opener on a technicality, which is more than the Eagles can say. The big danger here is that Detroit's formidable defensive line might dominate the Eagles' ever-changing, struggling offensive line. But I don't think this Lions defense is great on the back end, and Calvin Johnson notwithstanding, I sure don't think they are the equal of the Packers offensively.

Prediction: Eagles 23, Lions 16.

Paul Domowitch's prediction: Lions 20, Eagles 17

DOMO'S KEY MATCHUPS

1. Eagles C Mike McGlynn and Gs Nick Cole and Todd Herremans vs. Lions DTs Ndamukong Suh and Corey Williams: Suh and Williams are going to pose problems for the interior linemen. Advantage: Lions

2. Eagles WRs DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin and Jason Avant vs. Lions CBs Chris Houston, Jonathan Wade and Alphonso Smith: Lions are thin at corner after season-ending injury to nickel back Aaron Berry. Advantage: Eagles

3. Eagles MLB Omar Gaither vs. Lions RB Jahvid Best: Best has game-breaking speed. Gaither probably will replace injured Stewart Bradley. Advantage: Lions

Some odds and ends ...

* Here's an interesting stat courtesy of theredzone.org: Since 1990, only 9 percent of the teams that started 0-2 made the playoffs.

* Marshall Faulk on the NFL Network today on how being a wide receiver changes with Michael Vick as the quarterback: "Your mentality changes. You become a blocker just as well as you are a pass catcher."

Comment

Wow ... no E.A.G.... this week.

Unreal with that little shuttle pass to Best.

Comment

What are we playing Brett Favre here?
                      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

BTw, bunch o haters in here. that's all I'm gonna say. Gonna bring bad karma to the team.

Comment

Gaither and Jordan getting run over.

B-Graham first sack!

Comment

I don't even care how Vick looks this week. Andy Reid is starting Kolb when he's healthy regardless.

Holy crap what a catch by Nate Allen...

Comment

Nate Allen is going to become a fan favorite real quick if he continues to play like this.

Comment

Working...
                              X