No announcement yet.

Eagles show interest in Gatlin. ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FWIW, there was an outdoor track meet on yesterday, and I watched some of it. I saw Gatlin run, and the guy is a beast. Blew the field away under less than ideal conditions. He got plenty of seperation on the other sprinters, I'd hate to see what he'd do to a lot of corners.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin
      OK so if you were Gatlin's agent, would you simply refuse to call a potential employer for your client? Someone with the mega-bucks and spotlight like an NFL team?
      Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!

Jukin,

I completely agree with you on this.

It is the adamant position being espoused by Nehemiah that leads me to believe that that is a PR effort on Gaitlins part. Come on now, what agent would scoff at the opportunity to maximize the earning potential or even the public profile of a client by talking to a deep pockets team that is supposedly interested in their client??

Since Nehemiah had pledged the same fraternity I did, I have always been a fan (both as a hurdler and in the NFL), but I am suspecting that I will need a pair of hip boots to wade through the comments he is making about turning down a supposed call from the Eagles.

Comment

Jason Gatlin = Frank Budd.Anybody remember watching Budd fly down the field,beat the CB by 10yds and then...........DROP THE BALL!
        Gatlin hasn't played football in 9yrs so don't look too hard at this thing.IMO,just a"reporter" looking for a scoop.As Nancy Reagan would say"Just say no"!
        Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

It would be totally diffferent if these track stars were true amature athletes, and could use the jack that signing with an nfl team would provide. But these guys are well compensated, they don't have to worry about income, and what is the incentive to sign a low dollar deal with an nfl team to try and make the roster? Let's be realistic here.

Comment

Reid supposedly said today this "interest" in Gatlin had been blown WAY out of proportion to what they actually felt about the guy....sounds like another example of the media running with stories during a slow off-season....
            Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
              Reid supposedly said today this "interest" in Gatlin had been blown WAY out of proportion to what they actually felt about the guy....sounds like another example of the media running with stories during a slow off-season....
              OR agents just using the media to keep thier guys name out there--- the more it's out there--- the more the $$$$$$ will roll in.

Comment

Working...
              X