Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inefficient Use of Timeouts - Another Liability Caused by Castillo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inefficient Use of Timeouts - Another Liability Caused by Castillo?

Last night, we used two timeouts on defense before the four-minute mark and BEFORE we were trailing in the game:

Timeout #1 by PHI at 04:58.
    Timeout #2 by PHI at 04:05.

Both of these timeouts were called on the advent of third down plays by the Chicago offense. Why were these timeouts called? I surmise that they were called to insure that the proper defense was called. IMO, this would not have been necessary if we had an experienced defensive coordinator at the helm. JJ, for example, would have had the proper defense dialed in before the third down arrived, and wouldn't have felt the need to stop the action to be sure that the right defensive call was being made.

All of this is pure supposition on my part, but when the timeouts were called, I was screaming at the TV - wondering why we are foolishly burning up timeouts that we should be preserving for the last two minutes of what was sure to be a tight game. Of course, Reid has squandered many timeouts in the past for unfathomable reasons, so I may be totally off-base here.
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

The defense looks more confused pre-snap than I've seen in a long time, even under McDermott. I know that defenses often pretend to look confused in order to further confuse offenses, with all of the ambling around you see so that o-linemen can't make a call on protections, but this is different. They look like they are just not recognizing situations.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

http://phillysportsdaily.com/eagles/...ready-to-play/

Comment

Working...
      X