Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by musicman View Post
    could someone please give both Aikman and Buck a throat punch
    The button is labeled "MUTE" on your remote control... they won't feel it unfortunately but you'll feel much better.

Comment

• Sanchez was fine....untill we were crazy desperate and it no longer mattered. The story of this game was our defense who couldn't even slow GB down. They got mauled.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH View Post
        Sanchez was fine....untill we were crazy desperate and it no longer mattered. The story of this game was our defense who couldn't even slow GB down. They got mauled.
        Totally outcoached if you ask me. How many defenders came clean on Sanchez because our oline couldn't figure out what was going on with all of those defensive stunts? And how long do you go with a 1 on 1 matchup with Fletcher and Nelson before you decide to go to plan B (if we even had one). Birds are not ready for primetime guys. 54 years and counting.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

• 60, relax. We will go out and pound Tenessee next week, and then look forward to chewing up the Cowpies on Turkey Day. It's all good!
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Sanchez was fine....untill we were crazy desperate and it no longer mattered. The story of this game was our defense who couldn't even slow GB down. They got mauled.
            Disagree Mike, He needed to keep initial drives alive, maybe Rodgers doesn't stay so hot if he's standing on the sidelines. Sanchez couldn't hit a medium range pass to save his life. He could have had record setting numbers and we would have been in a shootout. He didn't and we weren't.
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• Again, no run attack from the VERY beginning of the game...Chip came out throw/throw/throw and GB's defensive strength was via the pass...Sanchez 47 passes, unbalanced and out of whack...defense got shredded and ST stunk...but again the offense is supposed to be OUR strength and we got our asses handed to us and were handcuffed by the play calling and really poor execution...we should have run/run/run and limited Rodgers chances...
              Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

60, relax. We will go out and pound Tenessee next week, and then look forward to chewing up the Cowpies on Turkey Day. It's all good!
                Maybe Mike. I knew going in this year that we weren't ready yet, but the team has played so well I thought maybe I was wrong. To get destroyed like today was a reality check. I think GB would have done that to anybody today. I'm not down on the team. They played hard, but seemed outclassed.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

• The D was boned all day , but the O just kept putting them back on the field till the game was out of reach.
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• Watch the tape one time. Say nothing. Then burn and bury it.
                    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      Maybe Mike. I knew going in this year that we weren't ready yet, but the team has played so well I thought maybe I was wrong. To get destroyed like today was a reality check. I think GB would have done that to anybody today. I'm not down on the team. They played hard, but seemed outclassed.
                      60, I think we are pretty much on the same page with this team. They have 3 losses, and all 3 have come to teams that have a proper place in "top" of the NFL heap. Right now this team is better than the poor teams, able to beat the mediocre teams but not quite ready to play with the bigger boys.

But I still think there is time to get to that level by the time the playoffs roll around. I still don't they have played their best football yet this season. So I still have some hope that they grow into it..... but I am not ready to fly out to Vegas to lay down a big one on them.

Comment

• Without looking up play summary, I do think the Birds tried to run a little bit early on, but it was mainly 2-3 yards and a cloud of dust. Real issue was D's inability to get a pass rush. Rodgers was in an easy chair most of the game, and no corners (let alone ours) can stay with GB's receivers forever. On the other hand, GB put consistent pressure on Sanchez most of the game. Rodgers is terrific, and he has excellent skilled support, but this game was won largely on the line of scrimmage (as is most often the case). That said, I think a reality check is not a terrible thing. Nobody got hurt (at least as far as I know). Take care of Tennessee, and be ready for the stretch run. Football is funny in that a game can get out of hand quickly, and that's what happened today.
                        Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                        Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

• As silly as this sounds, I'm going to believe that the Eagles weren't up for the game.
                          They had a short week and then they had to fly to Green Bay.
                          On the "bright" side, last night's game wasn't a heartbreaking loss. It was determined early. Second, they are going to destroy Tennessee - and then hopefully Dallas.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyered View Post
                            Without looking up play summary, I do think the Birds tried to run a little bit early on, but it was mainly 2-3 yards and a cloud of dust. Real issue was D's inability to get a pass rush. Rodgers was in an easy chair most of the game, and no corners (let alone ours) can stay with GB's receivers forever. On the other hand, GB put consistent pressure on Sanchez most of the game. Rodgers is terrific, and he has excellent skilled support, but this game was won largely on the line of scrimmage (as is most often the case). That said, I think a reality check is not a terrible thing. Nobody got hurt (at least as far as I know). Take care of Tennessee, and be ready for the stretch run. Football is funny in that a game can get out of hand quickly, and that's what happened today.
                            Good post
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Working...
                            X