Le'Veon Bell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le'Veon Bell

Good morning football reporting a 4 year deal with the Jets--52 mil. Jets have been pretty active although they had supposedly signed Barr from MN who then backtracked and resigned with Minny
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

That is crazy money for a RB with the miles he has and did not play last year. He is a great player no doubt but that is a ton. Wonder if they are going to cut Isiah Crowell? He could be a lost cost option that helps the Eagles
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Heck I thought that he wanted more than that to tell you the truth, especially after sitting out last year. I hope that the Saints let Ingram walk and we get him. Crowell is a decent back too. It looks like some pretty good rb talent will be available. If we knew that Clement would return with his rookie year buzz this wouldn't be such a big problem. Maybe we are counting out Ajayi a little too soon too. It's really tough to tell until we get them in camp.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Saints signing Murray makes me think Ingram is not returning.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
          Saints signing Murray makes me think Ingram is not returning.
          The Saints having both Kamara and Murray would make you think that. Actually Ingram is a FA so he's most likely not in New Orlean's plans.

Comment

Sounds like Ingram is going to the Ravens. I think Howie gets a good back cheaper than we think. Coleman, Yeldon, Trade for Jordan Howard or Crowell or Crowell gets cut and we could sign him. They could bring back Ayaji (doubtful) Take a chance on a guy like Doug Martin or Alfred Morris.

Either way I expect them to draft at least one RB this year. Unless they deal for Howard, not sure they use two draft resources for a RB

Comment

Coleman will not be cheap and the rest IMO are covered in warts. Trading is the only option if you don't draft one
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Jets getting Mosley also? that is a ton of cash or do I have that wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                  Jets getting Mosley also? that is a ton of cash or do I have that wrong?
                  Yep they are getting Mosely to. Most of these teams have been bad for so long that they have a ton of money left on the cap.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                    Coleman will not be cheap and the rest IMO are covered in warts. Trading is the only option if you don't draft one
                    I don't know if they are warts, I think Yeldon would be a real nice upgrade especially on passing downs. He would complement either Clement or Adams.

Also I think that Crowell would be a nice addition.

Doug doesn't like the bell cow concept. he wants several guys he can rotate through. So I doubt they every spend big money on a back.

Comment

Not sure -- just a thought-- but I think teams get a pretty good idea of what the O is going to do based on the RB that happens to be in the game... is this a flaw or am I way off base here????

Comment

Well I guess that I'll just repeat myself here but there is a reason Yeldon is available. He's not very good and I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                          Not sure -- just a thought-- but I think teams get a pretty good idea of what the O is going to do based on the RB that happens to be in the game... is this a flaw or am I way off base here????
                          Has there ever been a time when Sproles has been in the game and they didn't give or pass him the ball????

Comment

Coleman and Crowell are about all I see worth messing with, otherwise we might as well run with the dogs you know. I would like a guy who can be there in all situations, because IMO and obviously others, we are real predictable when swapping out backs.
                            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

They do MD and that is a reason to have versatility. Sproles can run, catch, and pass block. Not many have all three tools. At the same time I would say there are many personnel packages that are indicative of the play, ie two TEs or empty backfields or such
                              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X