McCoy??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCoy??

Thoughts on his returning? I read again where he is looking to play this year and wants to go to a winning team and would like to RB room where he can help a young star. Both Philly checkmarks.
    Not sure if a McCoy-DJax reunion is a good thing or not but I think McCoy has a little left in the tank and a lot to offer Sanders/Scott. Need a banging back though-- maybe Holyfield can make those few carries
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

I'm not sure how to feel about it. On the one hand, never should have been dealt away. On the other, maybe just go with youth...

Comment

no thanks, too many good young backs out there to bring an old guy in.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I'm not looking at him to carry the load or even getting many carries. I'm looking at him as a vet to help the young guys---Sanders/Scott/Holyfield. And if needed he can still handle a few carries.
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Duce is there to be a daddy, I would rather be 1 year into the training process with a young guy
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Mu guess is the teams he's wishing for are the Eagles and Steelers. Pennsylvania teams that can contend. Philly because, well, y'all know. Pittsburgh because he went to Pitt.

Comment

I saw a tweet from him a few weeks ago about wanting to return the Eagles. I love Shady. The problem is, we need a runner to replace Jordan Howard. Shady is not that type of back. Maybe Holyfield is ?

Comment

I'd rather spend the money on LB/OL/DL depth even with mediocre players that can at least take a snap or two without getting injured.

Comment

I don”t see him wanting to be a 3rd string running back and playing for minimal dough.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Not sure why but I have a feeling it might happen. I think he will be satisfied as a third string (4th) guy mentoring the others and getting carries here and there and don't think he will look for much cash. He is an older vet that is getting bounced around. Not sure he is going to get any big time offers so I can see him making a deal with Howie
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

I'd rather burn a 3rd on Edwards-Helaire and grab a LB from FA. I just think the kid has something special. Built like a fire plug and ran over and around a lot of good football players this year. Not sure RB is that high a need, but Scott is an all-year player and Holyfield is not the type of depth we need.

Comment

Me wants sunshine, not shady. Draft a kid in the middle rounds and see if you get lucky. Shady didn’t dress for a bunch of games with KC, if memory serves. That tells me he is close to done. It sure his persona is what we need at this point either. We need a big, hungry back to complement Sanders, and I am not counting on Holyfield.
                        Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                        Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                          Not sure why but I have a feeling it might happen. I think he will be satisfied as a third string (4th) guy mentoring the others and getting carries here and there and don't think he will look for much cash. He is an older vet that is getting bounced around. Not sure he is going to get any big time offers so I can see him making a deal with Howie
                          This is plausible. Perhaps a couple of one-year deals with an easy out for the team.

Comment

We all might be writing off Clements too soon.
                            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                              We all might be writing off Clements too soon.

The Eagles didn't offer him a new contract last week so he's an unrestricted FA right now. Maybe they are hoping he doesn't get an offer and they can bring him back on the cheap.
                              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                              X