State of the team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of the team

Last year this team overachieved. They were well coached and were able to overcome mistakes. This year they are way underachieving, are very poorly coached and we keep getting a knife stuck in our heart. The following moves must be made and none of them are going to save this season but we have to play for 2019 now. At 3-4 we are cooked as far as the playoffs go.

1. Jim Schwartz has to be fired. We can talk about the players biting on double moves all we want but his scheme is very seriously flawed. New England exposed him and he has not recovered. He is directly responsible for 2 of the loses this year. You simply do not lose to teams you are up by 17 in the 4th quarter. Blame the offense all you want but its not like the defense was tired. The offense held the ball for most of the game.

2. Jason Peters should either go on IR and then call the press conference to retire or outright be released. Its not just that his blocking is off, he is committing way too many penalties which is hurting this team. I do understand that BIG V is not much better but Big V does not get called for the penalties that Peteres has. Right now Peteres has been called for 10 penalties on the season. That is outrageous.

3. Mills should be benched and Rasul Douglas should be inserted into the lineup at that spot until Jones is healthy

4. They need to go out and get a legit safety. Playing a 5ft 9 guy at safety is horrible. Maddox should be the slot corner. The chiefs signed Jordan Lucas off the practice squad last week and started him, he came out and had 10 tackles and some pass breakups. He has always played safety.

5. Did I mention that Jim Schwartz should be fired

6. Kickers go hot and cold. I get the wind today but Elliot is missing too many field goals. That miss today helped cost us the game. Need to look for another kicker.

7. Shelton Gibson needs to get a true look at the outside WR spot. They are playing Agholor out of position on the outside and his productively has gone down.

BTW I would not trade for anyone. They need to change the personnel this offseason and they are going to need every pick. they have.

I am sure there is more I am just so pissed right now about this loss. Its just completely inexcusable.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

I am starting to realize it is just a lost season. This team has enough talent to be a SB contender this year. They are just not getting the job done and that includes everyone, coaches and players.

At times our defense looks completely dominant. Then, they go through periods where they look like the worst D in the NFL.

Comment

I think they spent so much emotional capital last year they can’t get the energy level back. The core is there long term. If they make it to playoffs they have a punchers chance but may need to have a season like this to get hungry again.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
        I think they spent so much emotional capital last year they can’t get the energy level back. The core is there long term. If they make it to playoffs they have a punchers chance but may need to have a season like this to get hungry again.
        Sometimes you just catch lightning in a bottle.

You look at players who shouldn’t matter at all when you talk about upgrades and downgrades and you wonder how much people like trey burton or torrie Smith meant to the squad last year. Or even the insider trader guy. (Can’t think of his name right now)

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
          I am starting to realize it is just a lost season. This team has enough talent to be a SB contender this year. They are just not getting the job done and that includes everyone, coaches and players.

At times our defense looks completely dominant. Then, they go through periods where they look like the worst D in the NFL.

The Birds' D completely dominated Carolina's offense until they went up 17 Zip. The pass rush, at times with an extra attacker, was pressuring Newton consistently and Newton was his mediocre self.

At 17 zip, our genius DC decides to go into 'protect' mode, Newton now has all day in the pocket to find a target free in our shit secondary. And Mills and Darby proceeded to flash their clever coverage and tackling skills. when Carolina scored their 2nd TD, anyone with a pulse Knew it was over.

I thought Doug's playing calling in the 4th Quarter was questionable but this loss falls squarely on numb nuts Schwartz. He won't be fired until after the season...if then...but he needs to go now.

Comment

So you guys are saying that the Eagle Dynasty is over?
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Yea Kendricks; and even Beau Allen and Vinny Curry. But players come and go; you need to adjust and make due.
              I agree they still have a puncher's chance but the team doesn't have the 'it' this year. Other than Wentz and maybe Jenkins they really don't have legit stars. Every postion can use help. Smallwood tries and he runs hard at times but you ain't makin a livin on Smallwood; and we all know Sproles isn't helping. Peters really was shot last year and is certainly shot this year. Jeffrey is legit but the others are supporting cast types. So there are lots of places you can upgrade even though most are suitable. The same can be said at every defensive position
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

We don’t have a legit pass catching RB. Remember all those plays clement made in the SB? I haven’t seen one of those plays this year.

Comment

The Eagles seem content to go wherever Wentz takes them. The wheel route is a forgotten play. We don’t have the backs to sustain a dominate running game. WTF has happened to Clement? He looks like an UDFA. On D, why go soft? Pressure was working so keep playing pressure. The loss was a total embarrassment. I agree with not adding anyone, keep the picks. Draft wisely and cut some of the dead weight we are currently carrying. This season is shot. We could win the NFC East. Probably the worst division in football. The Rams, Saints, and Vikings would destroy us. Probably 7 or 8 more would beat us.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                    Yea Kendricks; and even Beau Allen and Vinny Curry. But players come and go; you need to adjust and make due.
                    I agree they still have a puncher's chance but the team doesn't have the 'it' this year. Other than Wentz and maybe Jenkins they really don't have legit stars. Every postion can use help. Smallwood tries and he runs hard at times but you ain't makin a livin on Smallwood; and we all know Sproles isn't helping. Peters really was shot last year and is certainly shot this year. Jeffrey is legit but the others are supporting cast types. So there are lots of places you can upgrade even though most are suitable. The same can be said at every defensive position
                    I assume you meant Ertz, Wentz and maybe Jenkins but I would also add Jeffery. But the D line is getting a bit long in tooth, and While you call it “IT” maybe I call it hunger or swagger.... but this team would never have lost this game today.

Comment

The rams are going to win the SB. Over NE. Revenge game.

Comment

I agree Jeffrey and probably Ertz are legit. Not sure of they are stars but that is semantics. They are definitely keepers and make things happen in games. There are others of course-- Lane Johnson, Cox to name two. But my point or thought is that the birds also have a lot of routine players who have real good games at times but really aren't difference makers.
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                          Last year this team overachieved. They were well coached and were able to overcome mistakes. This year they are way underachieving, are very poorly coached and we keep getting a knife stuck in our heart. The following moves must be made and none of them are going to save this season but we have to play for 2019 now. At 3-4 we are cooked as far as the playoffs go.

1. Jim Schwartz has to be fired. We can talk about the players biting on double moves all we want but his scheme is very seriously flawed. New England exposed him and he has not recovered. He is directly responsible for 2 of the loses this year. You simply do not lose to teams you are up by 17 in the 4th quarter. Blame the offense all you want but its not like the defense was tired. The offense held the ball for most of the game.

2. Jason Peters should either go on IR and then call the press conference to retire or outright be released. Its not just that his blocking is off, he is committing way too many penalties which is hurting this team. I do understand that BIG V is not much better but Big V does not get called for the penalties that Peteres has. Right now Peteres has been called for 10 penalties on the season. That is outrageous.

3. Mills should be benched and Rasul Douglas should be inserted into the lineup at that spot until Jones is healthy

4. They need to go out and get a legit safety. Playing a 5ft 9 guy at safety is horrible. Maddox should be the slot corner. The chiefs signed Jordan Lucas off the practice squad last week and started him, he came out and had 10 tackles and some pass breakups. He has always played safety.

5. Did I mention that Jim Schwartz should be fired

6. Kickers go hot and cold. I get the wind today but Elliot is missing too many field goals. That miss today helped cost us the game. Need to look for another kicker.

7. Shelton Gibson needs to get a true look at the outside WR spot. They are playing Agholor out of position on the outside and his productively has gone down.

BTW I would not trade for anyone. They need to change the personnel this offseason and they are going to need every pick. they have.

I am sure there is more I am just so pissed right now about this loss. Its just completely inexcusable.
                          I understand your frustration taz. I've been numb since 4:00. I'll just say that you're being way to hard on Elliot. You're sure not going to find a better kicker than him, at least not at this point of the season. His only misses have been 2 bombs from over 50 yds and the one today. That's it. That wind blew that kick a good 10 yards today.

I finally remembered to tape the game today. A week alone with all of MM's girls couldn't get me to watch that fucking mess of a 4th quarter again.
                          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                          X