Brookover: RB & WR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brookover: RB & WR

Latest from Brookover on the backup RB position and on Curtis...did not see this posted, but apologize if duplication.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/spo...l/16891947.htm
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

The Eagles, meanwhile, were in contact yesterday with Bruce Tollner, the new agent for free-agent wide receiver Kevin Curtis. Tollner told the Eagles that he was examining the interest of all of the teams Curtis visited during the first eight days of free agency. In addition to his Philadelphia visit on Friday, Curtis made stops in Minnesota, Detroit and with the New York Giants.

Though the Eagles were encouraged by Curtis' visit, the team that is most likely to land the wide receiver is going to be the one that offers the most money. Tollner said he would get back to the Eagles no later than today.

The Eagles also discussed their options at running back yesterday, and it's likely they will sign a free agent to serve as Brian Westbrook's backup before the end of the week. Corey Dillon, Ron Dayne, Chris Brown, Kevan Barlow and Correll Buckhalter are still available.
    Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Anyone but Ron Dayne.

Comment

I'll ask the question again - why not Mike Anderson? The Ravens have signed Willis McGahee long term, signed Musa Smith to a $1MM 1 year contract and after signing Anderson, they gave him all of 39 carries. I know the guy will be 34 at the beginning of the season, BUT he's only played 5 seasons and had a heavy workload in 3 of those.

He has a WCO history, is still very productive (even last year he averaged over 4 ypc in limited duty) and I bet the Ravens would deal him for a late round pick. Now the Eagles covet late round picks AND they won't have any compensatory picks this year but look to have a bunch in '08 so why not offer a 5th round, '08 pick? His salary is $1.2MM this year and you'd actually have him tied up for 3 years with no cap ramifications if you cut him at any point. It makes too much sense, right??!!

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
          I'll ask the question again - why not Mike Anderson? The Ravens have signed Willis McGahee long term, signed Musa Smith to a $1MM 1 year contract and after signing Anderson, they gave him all of 39 carries. I know the guy will be 34 at the beginning of the season, BUT he's only played 5 seasons and had a heavy workload in 3 of those.

He has a WCO history, is still very productive (even last year he averaged over 4 ypc in limited duty) and I bet the Ravens would deal him for a late round pick. Now the Eagles covet late round picks AND they won't have any compensatory picks this year but look to have a bunch in '08 so why not offer a 5th round, '08 pick? His salary is $1.2MM this year and you'd actually have him tied up for 3 years with no cap ramifications if you cut him at any point. It makes too much sense, right??!!
          I like Mike Anderson - I was disappointed they didn't go after him last offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by reesecal
            The Eagles also discussed their options at running back yesterday, and it's likely they will sign a free agent to serve as Brian Westbrook's backup before the end of the week. Corey Dillon, Ron Dayne, Chris Brown, Kevan Barlow and Correll Buckhalter are still available.
            off of that list I'll take Buck...Mike Anderson and Buck would be fine w/me

Comment

If they wanted Anderson they would have signed him last year. Ron Dayne might not be that bad, he looked pretty good in Houston at the end of last season. And he wasn't completely horrid as a backup to Tiki early in his career. I think he got bashed a lot because, like Mamula he didn't live up to his draft position. But I think he could be more than adequate backup, especially behind our O-Line.
              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
                Wait a minute - since when did Denver or Baltimore run the WCO?

Comment

Originally posted by IMK
                  Wait a minute - since when did Denver or Baltimore run the WCO?
                  Shanahan runs the WCO.

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
                    If they wanted Anderson they would have signed him last year.
                    Actually - I disagree. Last year they would have had to shell out a signing bonus, committed to him long term and perhaps disrupted compensatory pick compensation at the time (although they don't have any this year). Not to mention they had Buckhalter signed and thought Moats would step up. It's an entirely different situation now IMO.

Comment

Who's the healthiest of the bunch? Didn't Anderson have some major knee problems? I have to admit I'm partial to C Dillon. He's got a lot of mileage, but he he came here he wouldn't need to be a 15 carry RB. His short yardage and red zone presence would also be a real plus, and he can also block.
                      Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

nc - as far as I know - Anderson hasn't had an injury in awhile. He missed 2004 and that was an ACL I believe. He came back the next season to rush for 1,000 yards though. I think he's fine from a health standpoint (aside from age).

Comment

The main issue with Dillon is his reluctance to admit to himself and to take such a backup limited role...he was not happy last year supposedly and left the Pats largely because he did not want such a role again...he still thinks he can be the man and here that just is not going to be reality...

-Andy Reid

Comment

That would be true if he stayed in NE, but if he's seriously looking at the Eagles situation he has to come here and know the Westbrook in the man. He will have a limited number of touches he has to see that. he might want starter money though and I think that will be the hang up. I think he wants to play for a winner, but ultimately it will be about who gives him the most money not the most carries.
                            Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

What I meant is he is looking for a starting job for starting money...he left the Pats because he did not like being a backup and wants to be the man.

Thus I do not believe he is looking at the Eagles...not yet at least. How long it takes him to realize he is not going to get what he wants and that he will need to lower his demands is anybody's guess...but that process could lead him to looking at the Eagles...and yes the Eagles are most likely not going to pay him starting money to be a backup...

-Andy Reid

Comment

Working...
                              X