observations from Eagles-Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    Yup, we simply have to start scoring more points and create some turnovers. The season is far from over. An NFL season can turn around very quickly and we could be in first place in a couple of weeks. Jacksonville is in a meltdown right now with players and coaches screaming at each other. We have to take advantage of that in London this week.
    Marone might be extra motivated to show Doug that he's not a coward.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Hey guys! Been away for a while trying to help a bunch of kids get into college. I have missed the past few games! Looks like I am glad I did. The record is 3-4 but the division is awful. Need to fix defensive shortcomings and mainly find a way to get back to scoring in the red zone. It may be that the brain drain that took place on offense is part of the problem. Frank and John were instrumental. Looks like Deuce and Mike Groh are still learning on the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        Yup, we simply have to start scoring more points and create some turnovers. The season is far from over. An NFL season can turn around very quickly and we could be in first place in a couple of weeks. Jacksonville is in a meltdown right now with players and coaches screaming at each other. We have to take advantage of that in London this week.
        The Eagles defense is exactly what Bortles needs to get well. They barely force turnovers, allow sub-par receivers to run free all over the field and allow QB"s who can run a little bit to run all over them.

This needs to be a statement game this weekend. The defense has to shut down this team and the offense needs to put up some points against a VERY good Jacksonville Defense. This is no easy game and quite frankly I don't see the Eagles winning this one even with Bortles at QB. That should make Tahani and Jason happy. (Reference the good life)
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
          Marone might be extra motivated to show Doug that he's not a coward.
          Hey spur, have you been noticing around the league that all of a sudden teams are going for it a lot more than they used to on 4th down? Doug has started a new trend there. There's a real increase in QB sneaks too. I didn't like that one that Doug tried where they all ran up to the line for the quick snap out of the huddle. Doing that really tells the other team what you're going to do,especially since the other 2 tries before when our O line just blew the Panthers off the LOS which was pretty cool and one of the bright spots of the game.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

copycat league 60. There is no doubt Doug's trend to go for it if the punt yardage will be insignificant woke up the other 31. The trick now is to stay ahead of that trend. Defenses will study the plays being run and do their best to stop it. Need to have a new look pretty soon.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Working...
            X