• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schedule is out

Eagles announce 2020 season schedule
    Logo_Eagles_400_050918
    PhiladelphiaEagles.com

Like the rest of the NFL, we are preparing for the 2020 NFL season as scheduled and look forward to a great season. We will continue to base all decisions on the latest advice of medical and public health officials, as well as in full compliance with current and future government regulations, and with appropriate safety protocols to protect the health of our fans, players, staff, and community. Along with the NFL, we are monitoring developments on a daily basis and will be prepared to make the necessary adjustments to adapt to the evolving landscape.

PRESEASON

Week 1: Aug. 13-17 at Indianapolis Colts (NBC10, 94WIP)

Week 2: Aug. 20-24 at Miami Dolphins (NBC10, 94WIP)

Week 3: Aug. 27-30 vs. New England Patriots (NBC10, 94WIP)

Week 4: Thursday, Sept. 3 vs. New York Jets (NBC10, 94WIP)

REGULAR SEASON

Week 1: Sunday, Sept. 13 at Washington Redskins (1 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 2: Sunday, Sept. 20 vs. Los Angeles Rams (1 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 3: Sunday, Sept. 27 vs. Cincinnati Bengals (1 PM, CBS, 94WIP)

Week 4: Sunday, Oct. 4 at San Francisco 49ers (8:20 PM, NBC, 94WIP)

Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 11 at Pittsburgh Steelers (1 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 18 vs. Baltimore Ravens (1 PM, CBS, 94WIP)

Week 7: Thursday, Oct. 22 vs. New York Giants (8:20 PM, FOX/NFLN/Amazon, 94WIP)

Week 8: Sunday, Nov. 1 vs. Dallas Cowboys (8:20 PM, NBC, 94WIP)

Week 9: BYE WEEK

Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 15 at New York Giants (1 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 22 at Cleveland Browns (1 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 12: Monday, Nov. 30 vs. Seattle Seahawks (8:15 PM, ESPN, 94WIP)

Week 13: Sunday, Dec. 6 at Green Bay Packers (4:25 PM, CBS, 94WIP)

Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 13 vs. New Orleans Saints (4:25 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 15: Sunday, Dec. 20 at Arizona Cardinals (4:05 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 16: Sunday, Dec. 27 at Dallas Cowboys (4:25 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 17: Sunday, Jan. 3 vs. Washington Redskins (1 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Scheduling news and notes:

1. Philadelphia is scheduled to play at least four regular-season prime-time games for the 14th consecutive season. Since 2007, the Eagles have played in 61 combined regular-season prime-time games, which is tied for the third-most by any NFL team in that span.

2. Philadelphia will host the New York Giants on Thursday Night Football in Week 7. The Eagles are one of two NFL teams with an undefeated TNF record (4-0) since 2016, joining Seattle.

3. A national audience will once again be treated to an Eagles-Cowboys matchup in Week 8 on Sunday Night Football. With the exception of a nationally televised 2014 Thanksgiving afternoon contest, the division rivals have squared off in prime time every season dating back to 2007.

4. In Week 12, Philadelphia will welcome the Seahawks to Lincoln Financial Field on Monday Night Football. Since 2016, the Eagles have produced a 5-1 (.833) record on MNF, which marks the third-highest MNF winning percentage in the NFL during that stretch.

5. For the second straight year, Philadelphia will play at least two straight division games to close the season as the Eagles travel to Dallas and then host Washington in Weeks 16-17.

Flexible scheduling: "Flexible scheduling" will be used in Weeks 11-17. Additionally, in Weeks 5-10, flexible scheduling may be used in no more than two weeks. In Weeks 5-16, the schedule lists the games tentatively set for Sunday Night Football on NBC. Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game would be moved to an afternoon start time.

For Week 17, the Sunday night game will be announced no later than six days prior to January 3. The schedule does not list a Sunday night game in Week 17, but an afternoon game with playoff implications will be moved to that time slot. Flexible scheduling ensures quality matchups in all Sunday time slots in those weeks and gives "surprise" teams a chance to play their way into prime time.

Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday or Monday nights.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

First, they could do away with two pre-season games due to the off season being hampered by coronavirus.
    As for the schedule it looks like 19-0 to me. Could be one loss during the season but I don't see one at first glance.
    Nice week 9 bye week. Short week is at home vs Giants and leads into a long week to get ready for Dallas.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      First, they could do away with two pre-season games due to the off season being hampered by coronavirus.
      As for the schedule it looks like 19-0 to me. Could be one loss during the season but I don't see one at first glance.
      Nice week 9 bye week. Short week is at home vs Giants and leads into a long week to get ready for Dallas.
      I heard something about us having some nationally televised games at home for a change. It looks like we have 4 of them and 3 are at home at first glance.

Comment

It sounded like the Green Bay game is listed as a cross flex which I think means it will be the nationally televised since it is CBS showing two NFC teams
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

I always look at how many times we play a team after a bye or a Thursday night game. Here is how we made out:

1. We don't play any team after their BYE week! I don't ever remember that happening!

2. We play Seattle after their TNF game but at least we are at home and it's a MNF game so we get an extra day anyway. That leaves a short week to go to GB the next week but we've done that before and made out ok .

3. We play at home for TNF vs the Giants and then get the extra days before DALLAS.

4. We play the Giants after our bye.

Division opponents:

Dallas: plays the Steelers after their bye. They have the yearly advantage of getting to play TNF at home but then go to BAL for the next Thursday game (no advantage) before playing at CIN (rest advantage but at least they are on the road).

Giants: Play both Washington and us after our byes.

Skins: No games after opponents bye.

The NFL has done a better job at not giving one team 4 or 5 games after the opponent had a bye, but there are 7 teams that have two such games. Jax, LAC, GB, CIN, NYG, MIN, DEN. Most teams play on the road after their bye now.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

We have the Saints at home on 12/13. It sure beats playing them at their place.

Comment

Gowton does nice job about schedule

PROS
              The Eagles don’t play any teams coming off their bye weeks. That’s nice.
              The Eagles open their schedule against Washington for the second year in a row. I’ll repeat what I said at this time last year: “I like kicking off the season against an NFC East rival. A Week 1 division win has the potential to set a nice tone for the season, just as it did for the Eagles in 2017.” I’ll also add that a shortened offseason could especially hurt Washington since they have a new head coach and a second-year quarterback.
              The Los Angeles Rams have to travel to the East Coast to play in Philly at 10:00 AM PT. Typically a disadvantage for West Coast teams.
              Joe Burrow won’t have a full offseason like he normally would. Better for the Eagles to get an inexperienced rookie quarterback like that earlier in the year.
              There’s real potential to get off to a fast 3-0 start.
              The Eagles don’t have to play a Thursday night game on the road. The short week can be especially tough on the traveling team.
              The Eagles have extra time to prepare for their Week 8 Dallas Cowboys game at home right after hosting the New York Giants on Thurday Night Football.
              The bye week is in the exact middle of the season.
              The New Orleans Saints are playing their third straight road game in Philly. They’re also going to have to play out in the cold instead of the confines of their dome.

CONS

The coronavirus pandemic exists and it’s unclear if the schedule will be impacted.
              The Eagles don’t play any teams coming off Monday Night Football short weeks.
              It could be nice to have a bye against a tougher opponent than the Giants, though division games are obviously most important and can be trickier than expected.
              The Eagles will be facing three future Hall of Fame quarterbacks in three straight weeks: Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees.
              The Seahawks are coming off extra rest from Week 11 Thursday Night Football before playing the Eagles.
              The Eagles are coming off a Monday Night Football short week before traveling to Green Bay.
              The Eagles could be playing a must-win game in Dallas in Week 16.
              OVERALL
              There’s more good than bad, which is good. There are some real tough stretches (Week 4 through Week 6 and Week 12 through Week 14) but that’s part of the nature of playing a first place schedule after winning the NFC East last year.

What say you?

Poll
              How do you feel about the Eagles’ schedule?
              65%
              It’s good
              (930 votes)
              30%
              Meh
              (428 votes)
              5%
              It’s bad
              (78 votes)
              1436 votes total

Comment

A person can see anything they want I guess but I just don't know how you can look at this as a bad schedule
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

A Dallas game without listening to Troy and Joe gargling Dak juice will be nice
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Sure looks like 10-6 to me MAYBE 11-5
                    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

I think it's a good schedule. Looks balanced, for all of the reasons you guys have cited. Like the bye week in the middle.

Comment

SF, Baltimore, Dallas, Seattle, New Orleans, Green Bay and even the Giants will be tough, close games. 10-6 will be a good year IMO.
                        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I like the Giants at home on Thursday followed by extra rest to get ready for Dallas. Not a big fan however of the end of season gauntlet. We need to win early and often.

As an aside... I’ve been scarce here but I’m good. Furloughed life means less computer time. So I’m not on the board much. Looking forward to football season because by then I should be back to work and back to normal.
                          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                            …..As an aside... I’ve been scarce here but I’m good. Furloughed life means less computer time. So I’m not on the board much. Looking forward to football season because by then I should be back to work and back to normal.
                            Good to hear from you! Keep on hanging in there, it'll turn around AW.

Comment

Seahawks, Pack and then Saints is a tough stretch (at least 2 are home).

Hopefully we can finally get the monkey off our backs when playing Seattle. Wilson has had our number. Being healthy certainly would help.

Comment

Working...
                              X