Not a Big Loss (Calm down)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a Big Loss (Calm down)

C'mon folks. We went on the road against what appears to be a tough team.

Did our defense let us down? Yes. Do we need to take Tampa and Jacksonville and get to the bye 6-2? Yes.

These losses happen in the course of a season.

Our defense is not Super Bowl caliber but it appears our offense is. It's up to Reid and JJ to make the necessary adjustments and get Michael Lewis out of the lineup permanently and get Rod Hood back.

We then need to get our run defense shored up and Cadillac Williams, Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones Drew will be that test.

It's a loss I can live with. We could have won - and the Gaither mistake was just gigantic but this is the NFL and the Saints won the game, IMO.

Let's move on to Tampa. Reid and Co. will put Lewis on the bench. I can't see how they can't. He's 7-10 points a game.

Reggie Brown was damn sweet and we should have Donte back here soon.

GO EAGLES
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

at the moment I can handle it. New Orleans is a likeable team that plays very smart football in a tough stadium to play in. We made too many mistakes to beat a team like that

lose to Tampa or Jax and I look back and get pissed

Comment

I agree BP. In reality, the NFC East is really going to come down to the 4 divisional games we have left. It is critical that we win at least 3 of them.

Outside of the division, we have Atlanta , Carolina, Tennessee, Tampa, Indy, Jacksonville. Indy is the one team that really concerns me, because JJ has yet to even slow down Manning in a game. The other 5 non-division games are very winnable IMHO if we are indeed a playoff caliber team. If we win 4 of these 6 games, we should be fine.

I give the Saints credit for playing an outstanding game yesterday. But, we have the better team and would have won yesterday without all the boneheaded plays.

Comment

while i agree with what you say re: the colts pliny - the colts don't appear to be who they were.
        Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Originally posted by reesecal
          while i agree with what you say re: the colts pliny - the colts don't appear to be who they were.
          I know, but until we find a way to slow down Payton, I will still fear them.

Comment

Pretty much agree with this sentiment. I am disappointed but not anywhere near as upset with this loss as the Giants' game.

If the offense continues playing like they have so far, this team will win its share of games and probably make the playoffs. The real long term success of this team will be determined by the defense and special teams which have hurt the Birds more than helped thus far.

Comment

Ahh, the voice of reason! Great post, BP. I concur.

Comment

It was a good game, and I'm not going to get upset over it at all. We just couldn't finish them off and we couldn't get the ball back at the end, we played one lights out quarter of football and it was almost enough to beat 3 solid quarters by the saints. Our defense our scheme our whatever, is apparently flawed but it is what it is. This is the NFL today we just need to fix what we can & get on a 3 or 4 game roll at the end of the season and we have as good a shot as anyone.

Comment

Working...
                X