Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decemberists?

Anyone have the Crane Wife? any good?

i have it and do not like it. they sound like the counting crows to me, who i can't stand.

Comment

Well the COunting Crows went downhill fast but August and Everything after is a great album. Probably one of the best debut albums of all time .

Comment

well, i seem to be in a minority as a lot of people seem to like it and it made pitchfork's best albums of last year.

Comment

Actually - I like alot of the Counting Crows music that is not on August & Everything after. Recovering the Satellites is my favorite album of theirs (their 2nd I believe). Tremendous album. Some of the other stuff is eh though.

Comment

well, i've always gone by the formula of
            white guy+dreadlocks=lame

Comment

What are you talking about? Kamrom from Young Black Teenagers (YBT if you're nasty) was totally rad.

Anyway, I am listening to the Crane Wife now... I don't hear any resemblance to the Crows. I do hear them ripping off a Rush riff though.

Comment

Ok.. this album is really good. There's one clunker on the whole thing but overall it's sweet.

PM me

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                  Ok.. this album is really good. There's one clunker on the whole thing but overall it's sweet.

PM me
                  i told you i was in the minority and most people like it a lot.

btw, did you ever check out band of horses? i think you'd like it very much.

Comment

At little late to the boat, but The Decemberists were at the Philly Folk Fest this year and rocked the joint. They might have to rename it the Philly Indie Rock Fest though. Along with the Decemberists, Iron & Wine was also on the bill.
                    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

The Crane Wife or The Hazards of Love?

Comment

I think when this thread was started, we were talking Crane Wife.

Comment

Right - but as I was checking Itunes I saw that The Hazards of Love was released in 09 - I wanted to see if anyone could recommend one or the other

Comment

oh, Crane Wife is much better than Hazards of love.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                              oh, Crane Wife is much better than Hazards of love.

agreed

Comment

Working...
                              X