Eagles 2017 opponents set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles 2017 opponents set

With Saturday's results, the Eagles' 2017 opponents are now set. Those teams are:

HOME
    Cowboys
    Giants
    Redskins
    Cardinals
    49ers
    Bears
    Raiders
    Broncos

AWAY
    Cowboys
    Giants
    Redskins
    Seahawks
    Rams
    Panthers
    Chiefs
    Chargers

That's a tough road to hoe. The NFL will probably have us play SD on a Monday followed by an east coast team and then back to Seattle on a Thurs.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I think that looks pretty good.

The Chargers and Rams stink and have ZERO home field advantage. I think the Panthers are in trouble also.

At Seahawks is a tough tough game but we get the Cards, Bears, Broncos, 49ers and Raiders at home. We should go 4-1 there. Broncos and Cards are descending.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

We have to start by at least going 4-2 in the division if we want to do anywhere. You can afford losses to the likes of the Raiders and Chiefs but we must win the divisional games.

4-2 in the division and then win the other games we are supposed to: Bears, Panthers, Chargers, Broncos, Rams, 49ers.
        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

How do we play Seattle two years in a row in Seattle???

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
            My thoughts exactly!
            "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Three west coast trips that is brutal. I am sure we will play each one of those teams coming off their bye week and fully rested to.
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

don't think Elway will let the Broncos go the other way without trying hard to fix them. Don't think the Panthers need much to turn around either.
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I think my road trip next year will be Kansas City
                  I haven't been there in a while and they have great barbeque and the best pregame tailgate in the league. I was there for a Monday night game around 1999 and was blown away by the mass of grills, etc.

I would love to go back to San Diego, but I am concerned that they will be in LA next year. I may do one trip to LA, but not two, although LA in December would be pretty cool as well

Seattle is possible if there is a Vancouver Cannuck game in close proximity

Comment

I have learned over the years now that this schedule means very little.

Teams change so quickly both up and down that you, at least I, can't come to any
                    Conclusions about next year until a lot of other things happen.

One thing that plays into all this is bye weeks.
                    F/A, trades, draft, injuries, coaching changes, players having good and bad seasons, 2nd year players blossoming, 2nd year players tanking...... Etc etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                      I have learned over the years now that this schedule means very little.

Teams change so quickly both up and down that you, at least I, can't come to any
                      Conclusions about next year until a lot of other things happen.

One thing that plays into all this is bye weeks.
                      F/A, trades, draft, injuries, coaching changes, players having good and bad seasons, 2nd year players blossoming, 2nd year players tanking...... Etc etc etc.
                      I agree. The opponents mean less than when you play them. When you play 3 or 4 teams in arow that are coming off byes or you play a Sunday game in one time zone and a Thursday game in another. Those things tend to matter more.

Comment

Dammit I was hoping the niners game would be here. Tickets are super cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                          I agree. The opponents mean less than when you play them. When you play 3 or 4 teams in arow that are coming off byes or you play a Sunday game in one time zone and a Thursday game in another. Those things tend to matter more.
                          There is talk about giving every team their bye before they play on Thursday night. This is a no-brainer to balance the schedule and help players and coaches prepare for the Thursday game. With this format, there is no way we could get f'cked over like we have 2 of the last 3 years playing 3-5 teams coming off of a bye.
                          So in other words, there is no way the NFL will do it. Or they will add an extra bye week and still give us 5 games against teams coming off a bye.
                          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                            It's based on the schedule formula. In 2016, the entire NFC East did NOT play the entire NFC West, and only the teams that finished in the same position in 2015 played one another in the NFC West team's stadium. (Similar to the Eagles, Washington played at Arizona, New York played at Los Angeles, though that game was moved to London, and Dallas played at San Francisco. The NFC East had the same setup with the NFC South, but played the NFC South opponent at home.) In 2017, the entire NFC East and NFC West WILL play one another as part of their three year cycle of playing one another, and the Eagles (and Redskins) play Arizona and San Francisco at home and Seattle and Los Angeles on the road. They played the same teams in the opposite locations in 2014 and will do so again in 2020.

Comment

Working...
                            X