A play I know that we'll see vs. Rams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A play I know that we'll see vs. Rams

Remember that stay pass they used to throw to jPinky for 1 1/2 yards per play? The difference is, Jackson could bust one of those.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Re: A play I know that we'll see vs. Rams

i hate that play!

but maybe it will work now.

Comment

DJ is probably the only WR of the Reid era who might be able to pick up significant yards with that play consistenly. But sending DJ deep will be more of a help to the offense.

Comment

Originally posted by bullwinkle
        DJ is probably the only WR of the Reid era who might be able to pick up significant yards with that play consistenly. But sending DJ deep will be more of a help to the offense.
        I'm not a big fan of that play either.. but ... I see it as having the opposite affect.

I see that play as helping the O, as it will help DJ to get open deeper more often because the DB's will have to play him closer to the line and they can't cheat back if they don't get burned up close.

If any of that makes any sense!

Comment

That, MD, would be classic Andy Reid. Run virtually the same formation, but the defense has no clue whether to play deep or play short. And if they commit to either one, they get burned underneath, or burned long.

Meanwhile, this leaves some poor LB singled up against #36..........
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Because DJ is a more versatile receiver that Pinkston, that play should set up more than just the stretch play and thus could have more chance to be successful. I'm looking forward to watching DJ run by defensive backs.

Comment

That play had some success with Stallworth. And Stallworth wasn't as nifty with the ball in his hands as DJ (few are). I can see using it to keep DBs honest.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I thought you were gonna say... deep pass on 3rd and inches...
                Let's go Birds

Comment

Originally posted by SWVAPhillyRobo
                  Hey, we all know that "THAT" might happen...................

Comment

Originally posted by SWVAPhillyRobo

Comment

I love it! the old QOTP becomes QOTDJ

Comment

I swear, sometimes you guys have no grasp for strategy. That play was only used as a hot route when CBs were giving Pinkston 10-15 yards of cushion. And it usually gained more like 3-5 yards rather than 1-2. Which I'll take on 1st down every day and twice on sundays. But it's real purpose was to make the CBs respect the short route from Pinkston so that he could get deep.

With the amount of hate that is STILL shown to Pinkston in this city, you might think he was a serial rapist or something.
                        Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I liked Pinky!

He served a much bigger role in this O than many will ever give him credit for.

One thing I have learned over these last ten years on these boards--- Philly fans NEED people to rag on, and they find them.

Comment

Working...
                          X