Upon further review..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upon further review..

Just got off the phone with MdFan and talked about where the Birds wind up in reguler season.My first guess in March was 10-6.
    However,after seeing Donny Mac in GREAT shape,Reid making great moves at WR and the way this D looks has swayed my opinion.
    I've been a fan since 1960 & have seen a # of bad clubs.THIS club has something special and the chemistry looks strong.Don't know how to spell it but somethins happenin here,what it is is ain't exactly clear...
    EB says it's KARMA,could be,don't know.
    Whatever it is,there's a good moon arisin,and the Birds will be 12-4 when the regs are done.
    One Elder Statesman has spoken,what say ye others?
    Just give me ONE before I go!

Not exactly an elder statesmen (I'm 22) but how can I disagree with someone who quotes Steven Stills
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I started off the season thinking 9-7, 10-6 is we get lucky. I've since put it at 11-5.

I too am revising upward. I like the look of this team and McNabb in the preseason.

Comment

11-5, which wins the NFC East and is good enough for a First Round Bye.

Comment

Remember the days when we'd say stuff like "well, i see us going 13-1 and then resting starters and ending up 13-3"....

Comment

Pre-Stallworth, I was at 10-6, but I think Donte' is worth another W, so I can see 11-5.

Comment

It is called pride. Andy has been intent on instilling that since he came in. His push for high character players is just the other side of the same coin.

They had it and last year they lost it. Everyone especialy McNabb has something to prove. Are they winners of 2000-2004 or are they the loser of 2005? They have no doubt about that answer. They are here to prove last year was the exception not the rule.

This motivation along with a great off season and great draft have got us to the point where IMHO the sky is the limit.

Along with great motivation and great personnel additons, we are the sleeper team. We are not one of the sexy off season predictions. We are going to sneak up on some teams. And the lack of respect just adds to the motivation.

I have got a great feeling for this team. If the fickel finger of injjuries points away from us then SB, this time with a win, is coming. BELIEVE!!!!!!!!

Comment

Been stuck on 11-5 for the last 5 years besides 2004 when I guessed 12-4....I think 11-5 is fair and agree things are looking good as of now. Hopefully we get through the Jets game healthy.
                Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Ilike the resonses so far but I want to hear from the "Elders" like E60,Philly Rabbit,MdFan,Stock,Fling Dutch,& anybody else that remembers Dutch & Tommy Mac as Champs. Hell,I'll even listen to guys that remember(and have been sitting in the 700 level)Jaws and Wilbert.
                  If you rememeber the "Stan Walters sucks" chants(because he got caught for holding sooo many times) THAN you're a vet.

IT'S GONNA BE A GREAT YEAT FELLAS,LET'S GO BIRDS!!!

Comment

I hear ya, J-Bird!!!

I cannot EVER remember being this psyched for a season (and I have been following the Birds for as long as you - 1960). Getting Stallworth was a blessing from heaven. I say we go 13-3, and make it all the way to the Super Bowl. All the pieces are here. We may be a little light at LB and RB, but we have great depth in the trenches and our receiving corps looks pretty damn good now.

I gotta feeling....Philadelphia's going to the Super Bowl!!!
                    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Wel J-Bird.

Since you mentioned the era of Jaws and Wilbert I am going to chime in as an elder statesman in waiting, having been a fan of the Eagles since 1975.

I have already gone on record as saying the eagles will finish at 12 -4, the recent moves only solidifies my projections.

The Eagles defense is showing that they are going to be a force and that depth that we have on the DLine is going to Jim Johnson to rotate to his hearts delight bringing consistent pressure and blitzes whenever he chooses.

Outside of the Eagles faithful, the rest of world is hurling insults at the eagles offense, but I have this question.

When the Eagles line up in a three WR set, with Brown and Stallworth (and his 4.3 speed) on the outsides and Baskett in the slot, with Westbrook in motion, and LJ on a delayed release - who is the opposing defense going to cover?

I believe that the 2006 offense will exceed the production we saw from the offense in 2004.

Comment

Alot will depend on how our young players respond. Guys like Andrews, Heremens and Jackson on the O line, Bunkley, Patteson and McCoy on defense along with Reggie Brown and some of the other younger recievers.

I think this team could be as good as 14-2 or as bad as 8-8. I am between the 10-6 and 11-5 range due to how difficult that schedule is at the end of the year. All those road games against divisional foes.

So I am going to go with the low side at 10-6. But.... I think they are going to the Super Bowl. I am not that impressed with the rest of the NFC. Seattle will take the Super Bowl loss plunge, Carolina looks like a really good team but there is just something missing there, I can't figure it out. Then the others are in our division.
                        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

We will win th Division - We'll knowck out TO in Game 2 against them Cowpuds... 12-and four with minimal scrapes- Start getting scraped up?- We're back to 10-6. Garcia may help it to 9-7 if MacDaddy goes down- Just not thrilled with Jeff Gee yet. We still haven't put the RB issue to bed- but we may see something soon with a spot open- Koy/Pinky for just Feely... They may get a big back. We get a big back now- and we're on our way to the SB baring injury- We're that good. From Coaches to Players to owner to fans- We're ready to MOSH! Get in the PIT!
                          http://www.myspace.com/r3nj

Comment

OK J-Bird you asked for it.

The reasons for my optimism and a prediction of 12-4 or better.

Being one of the oldest Eagles fans around I have have gotten excited about teams with Van Buren, Pihos and Bednarik, with Van Brocklin, McDonald and Bednarik. I have lived and died with teams in 80, the early 90s and again in 04. But IMHO, this is the most well balanced team we have had since the late 40s. I am so excited I can’t decide whether I want to see our O or our D the most. They are both going to be lethal. These are the Five biggest reasons for my optimism.

1. This Dline has got a tremendous combination of speed and strength. I mean these DEs are king-sized sprinters and the DTs are Olympic weight lifting contenders. Together they can run you down and drop the hammer. When I think of Brunnel and Bledsoe being old and sloooow and Manning being young and dumb I wanna buy them life insurance and get rich quick.

2. Our Oline is potentially the best in Eagles history. When the unsung members are top old pros like Runyon and Thomas that’s insane. I call Andrews, Jackson and Herremans, “Pancake Alley”. These guys put a brutal hurtin on once fearsome Ds. Any doubts go rewatch the Pitt game and what they did to Hampton and Ferrior. Oh yeah, bring lots of syrup. Check out all three of them getting downfield and terrorizing LBs. This translates into a well armed guard for Donnie and our RBs. I haven’t seen this kind of across the board dominating (relative) size, strength and speed since Wociechowicz, Wistert, Sears, Barnes and Kilroy were the original Bad Boys of football in the forties.

3. Great teams need a mix of great and good weapons. Donovan McNabb is a great QB. Westbrook is the best receiving back in football and an exciting runner. Reggie, Donte and LJ form a good group of pass catching threats. Together they are good-n-great enough to wreck havoc on anybody.

4. As we painfully saw last year, you have to have good STs to succeed. Akers and Johnson are among the very best at what they do. Throw in Reed, Short, Considine and Gaithers into the mix and Harbaugh will have STs back on top again.

5. Lastly a great team needs leadership. From Andy Reid to McNabb, Trotter, Dawkins, Kearse, Howard, Runyon et al the Eagles are loaded with it.

Yeah I am cranked up for a big season from these guys, 12-4 or better.

Comment

Great job guys and yeah,I'm frickin pumped for this year.Big Red is on a roll and heaven forbid,ANYBODY in his way had best beware.A typical situation in the Reid household:
                              Mrs Reid:"Hey kids Daddy's home.
                              Kids:Ot,oh...
                              Mrs Reidear,what would you like for dinner,I'll fix you whatever you'd like,including the kids.
                              Andy:Hi Honey,hi kids,I'll have two lbs of ribs to start,and for desert I'll have the last born.I'm on a mission this year so don't even look at me with bad intentions.
                              Mrs Reid:Whatever you say Dear.

Comment

Working...
                              X