• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug covered his bases before the SB

Eagles ran a fake Walkthrough before Super Bowl 52
    Feb
    2/8/2018 7:26:56 PM
    |More
    In 2007, the New England Patriots were disciplined by the NFL for videotaping the New York Jets' defensive coaches signals from an unauthorized location. Nearly nine months after that incident, the Boston Herald reported that the Patriots had also videotaped the St. Louis Rams' walkthrough practice prior to Super Bowl XXXVI in February of 2002.

In May of 2008, the Boston Herald apologized for "falsely reporting" the taping of the Rams' practice, but by then, many people were already weary of the Patriots and how they do their business.

Well, the Philadelphia Eagles apparently didn't want to take the chance of history repeating itself so they ran a completely fake walkthrough in the days leading up to Super Bowl 52, Jay Recher of WDAE in Tampa reports.

Eagles long snapper Rick Lovato said, "I believe our whole walk-through was just a complete fake walk-through. We did it at the stadium. There were certain people walking around. . . . I believe I overheard someone say a lot of the plays we were running weren’t even in the playbook for the Super Bowl.”

Even the "Philly Special" play where Nick Foles caught a touchdown on 4th down wasn't even practiced during the week. It was worked on two weeks prior, and not brought to Minnesota just in case "someone" would be watching.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Fake walk-through. I love it!
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Those cheating patriots probably fell for it. Fuck them.

Comment

This was genius by Doug

Comment

Good! If the Pats were there spying on them, then it serves them right.
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Love it. Doug appears to cover all angles.

Comment

Working...
            X