Anyone Watching Preseason Games ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Watching Preseason Games ?

Scott Kingery is going to be a good one IMO. He makes plays on D and is hitting hell out of the ball. I'm getting stoked over the future. Valentin is pretty good too. When was the last time the Phils had a 2B of quality in AAA and AA ?
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Come to think of it, you have 2 real good SS, 2 good 1B and a couple quality OFs to go with 3 stud C.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
      Come to think of it, you have 2 real good SS, 2 good 1B and a couple quality OFs to go with 3 stud C.
      You're talking me into getting the MLB package Bud.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I think they are a +.500 team and maybe more if they have "good" Buckholtz. I really think Stairs is gonna prove to be the key addition to the team. The kids are starting and finishing comebacks by drawing walks, stealing bases and hitting in key moments. Something you didn't see from anyone last year. I think you should get the package. It may lead to you winning some extra cash, betting against the douchebags who don't think much of them.

Comment

I've watched a couple of games. Glimpses of potential but they aren't prime time quite yet. Of course it is early to say that.
          Ask me who is closer to being relevant and I would say the Phils. The Flyers aren't far behind and the Sixers have yet to show me they have any idea of what direction they are going. Eagles are always relevant so they don't count.
          I look forward to watching the Phils this year and hope some of these young guys develop ahead of schedule.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Get to an Iron Pigs game or two. Every position save 3B will have a good prospect playing. They have a deep rotation too (although mostly back end of the rotation starters). It's going to be fun to watch the progression of the top minor league teams and still have the Moniaks and Kilomes of the lower level to keep tabs on.

Comment

Working...
            X